Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EG Hatch

Question B18C7 EG Civic AC Reinstall

Hi Guys,

I have an eg hatch with a B18C7, I bought it with the swap and no A/C, the car originally came with A/C (dash has all the vents) and pretty sure it was a GLi.

My question is, Can I reinstall the A/C (Can it be done with the swap)? and if so what parts would I need?
    and what car would I source the parts from?

Thanks in advanced

I would guess that you need the compressor and lines from a SiR (though compressor can come from any b series). I'm pretty sure that the under dash parts are the same. I think that the condenser will also be the same.
    That's what I found in the case of the ek.

I have all the gear for an ek (apart from compressor) if you're in se qld you're welcome to try it for size.

Edit : just saw you're in nsw. This probably doesn't help you then.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EG Hatch
    Thanks for the help, although don't think its going to be easy to find a SiR. Could I use a B series compressor with the standard EG lines and so on?

Yeh I don't know if there were any other factory b series fitted to eg's. The compressors have the hose connections in a different spot on the b series engines so you need the correct hoses to fit the b compressor. Having said that I vaguely recall there was a bracket available that lets you put a d series compressor onto a b series engine. I'll have a search to see if I can find info

Found this on another thread:
    To retain D-series AC Compressor on B-series you need a CRV B20 A/C Compressor bracket (P7J).
    If you use B-series A/C Compressor you'll need matching A/C lines

Hope that helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EG Hatch
    Thank you, Massive help