hi guys, I'm starting to pull my hair out...

I'm having some suspension/steering issues with my 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury AT CL9. I believe there is more than one issue but they may all be related. I have an intermittent clunk/rattle from the front end and a random intermittent metallic bang when reversing or with the wheel turned going over a bump. There is also some intermittent squeaking from the steering wheel (sounds like the steering column under dash) and a mysterious vibration through the steering the first time I turn the steering wheel when the car is cold (I can also feel this through the steering wheel and accelerator pedal) like a seal on the rack has bound up and then regained shape or a bearing is cold and gets moving again. I've been pulling my hair out trying to diagnose it, I've checked the tie rods, ball joints, swaybar mounts and links and strut tops but to no avail. I've been under the car 4 times with a crow bar prying on things to move and feel for play. Also since the issues are not easily replicated it makes it even more difficult to find. Although they are slowly becoming more frequent. I am fairly mechanically minded, but I'm getting to the point where I can't seem to make any headway. I want to check the top ball joints, struts/springs (to see if one is coming slightly out of the seat and then popping back in with load), steering rack adjustment (HAS ANYONE EVER ADJUSTED THEIR RACK GUIDE USING THE SPECIAL TOOL?), engine mounts, transmission mounts and every possible rubber mount even remotely connected to the steering/suspension system. My gut tells me the issue is within the rack, but anything is possible. Has anyone had similar issues at all? and before I get the simple suggestions like...check your tyres, pads, calipers, discs, etc.. it's all been done. My car has been religiously serviced and looked after since new, which is all the more perplexing why these issues have come up. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys and many thanks in adcance!

Pete