Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by kikxz View Post
    you might have the wrong LS integra in minde the LS / Da9 integra only came out in 6/89-93 anything above that is the dc2 dc4. Although you might have the LS non vtec though do you have circle or long rectangular lights
    I own the so-called bug eyed series -( twin round lights) the none V-Tech one, most of my driving has been open road though

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra 101 View Post
    I own the so-called bug eyed series -( twin round lights) the none V-Tech one, most of my driving has been open road though
    LoL bug eyed? i thought that name was reserved for rexies.
    you my friend have a DC2 GSi integra, not a DA9 LS
    its still a 1.8L non V-TEC, very similar engine to the DA9 engine.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wkdteg View Post
    LoL bug eyed? i thought that name was reserved for rexies.
    you my friend have a DC2 GSi integra, not a DA9 LS
    its still a 1.8L non V-TEC, very similar engine to the DA9 engine.
    cheers
    It's actually a DC4 Integra GSi.

DC2 = VTi-R

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    yup... my bad
    should of known that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra
    I,m quite sure it's a DC4 - thats all I know about the Integra, I'm quite happy with the fuel economy....but I.m still not sure how much the the tank holds, I've only filled it to 40 litres, as said before , 530 klm aint to bad

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

LS Fuel

Just had a quick look through this thread, dating right back to 2005 but I bought a 91 LS about two months ago. I've been driving it every week to and from work in the city. The tank holds 50 litres and I get 650kms per tank consistently every two weeks I fill up. Only changes I made to it when I bought it was change the engine oil, new oil filter and new NGK standard plugs. And that's using standard 91 octane unleaded not even 95 or 98 octane!

Driving Styles

I think a lot depends on your driving style and the condition of your car.

Here are some tips I recommend to increase fuel economy:

Avoid aggressive driving. Flooring the pedal wastes fuel, especially in stop-start city traffic. One second of high-powered driving can produce nearly the same volume of carbon monoxide emissions as a half hour of normal driving. At most intersections I'm in 3rd before I get across the intersection! When driving a manual transmission, shift up as soon as possible. Running in a higher gear decreases the rpm and will decrease fuel use and engine wear.

I like to look ahead so if the traffic lights have turned red I engage neutral and coast to a stop. I also coast down hills and other inclines, especially, as I said, if there are lights at the bottom. So think ahead. Try to anticipate stops and let your vehicle coast down as much as possible. Avoid the increased pollution, wasted gas, and wear on your brakes created by accelerating hard and braking hard. I see people every day shift down through the gears whilst revving their engines as they come to a stop. That's money and fuel out the window! Most times when I've slowed down well in advance by the time I get to the lights they have changed to green so I avoid stopping altogether and having to use 1st or 2nd gear. Cruising pays off with less stops and smoother transitions up the gears.

Follow the speed limit! Driving 80kms instead of 60 kms will lower your fuel economy by about 10 percent. I travel to work early in the morning when its cool so the car gets nice cool induction air not the hot air from the car in front when you travel during "peak hour". I only travel at the limit usually 60 kph. On the M4 Freeway I stay on 90-95kph and avoid lane changing and accelerating wherever possible. I keep the windows up as a common story is that having the windows down is like adding another person to your car.

Make sure your car is clean. Take a load off. Carrying around extra weight (say the equivalent of another person) reduces fuel economy by about 1 percent.

Try using the vents and opening windows to cool off before you turn on the air conditioner. Air conditioner use increases fuel consumption.

Don't ride the clutch at stops. A lot of drivers 'hold' the car by balancing the accelerator and clutch. This affects fuel economy too. Use the handbrake to keep the vehicle stopped with neutral engaged.

Maintenance Tips

Keep your tyres at the pressure recommended for your vehicle; this information is often printed inside the door frame or in your owner's manual. Fuel economy goes down by about 1 percent for every couple of PSI your tyres are down. I run mine at 36PSI and check them every other week. Underinflated tyres can also detract from handling, safety, and how long they last.

Check your own fuel economy every few weeks. If you notice it slipping, that could mean you have a minor problem with the engine or your brakes. Using this advance warning, you can fix problems before you have a breakdown on the road.

Get a tune-up. Be sure to check for worn spark plugs, dragging brakes, and low transmission fluid; have your wheels aligned and tyres rotated; and replace the air filter if needed. Make sure all used vehicle fluids are recycled or disposed of safely.

Change the oil. In addition to making your car last longer, replacing the oil and oil filter regularly will also help fuel economy. Check your owner's manual for specific recommendations about how often to change. Ask the service station if they recycle used oil, or if you do it yourself, take your old oil to someplace that does recycle.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 17-03-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 honda integra
    wouldnt changing through gears to quickly put more load on the engine therefor burning higher amounts of fuel?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

LS Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by sammy342 View Post
    wouldnt changing through gears to quickly put more load on the engine therefor burning higher amounts of fuel?
    The short answer is "No". Shifting throught the gears and only applying enough accleerator to keep up the momentum will make for smooth driving, less braking, and less stopping, increasing fuel consumption. Like I said, I'm consistently getting 650 kms to the tank. Last week I got to 640 kms and still had a litre in the tank when I filled up.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 17-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 honda integra
    aww tru your doing aright thanks for the tips