Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2

OEM Caliper Finish

Hey all,

im not sure if this is strictly a technical area sort of thing, if its in the wrong place mods please move

i really want to try and renew the glod anodized finish on my OEM calipers... i dont want to upgrade i just want them to look new

anyone know of any ideas here? is re-treating them the only way to do it?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli
    Hey all,

im not sure if this is strictly a technical area sort of thing, if its in the wrong place mods please move

i really want to try and renew the glod anodized finish on my OEM calipers... i dont want to upgrade i just want them to look new

anyone know of any ideas here? is re-treating them the only way to do it?
    sand them down and repaint them in GOLD

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    hmmmm... that would b an option, i'm just not particularly fond of how the standard calipers look painted to be honest....

anyone know of anybody whos painted the calipers gold and if they look ok? pics maybe?

i know when they are painted in red they look shit, too tacky

Member Array
    They're anodized, not painted. Some chromers or powder coaters do this. Check with local shops.

I believe they are zinc plated. not anodized, they are cast iron. Try bunnings for some zinc colored paint. My calipers look shit too, so i might try it. prefer the oem look too.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    keep us updated with the results
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    i also wanted this. i wire brushed my calipers back and got them sorta 'brushed' silver. not what i wanted but nicer looking. they look new-ish without that gaybo painted look.

give it a go mate.

u can sorta tell in this pic(bad i know)
    Last edited by egSi; 27-08-2006 at 08:48 PM.
    oh wrd!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Apparently, a good way to go is a lightish silver (the reason being that as brake dust builds up the colour changes). I was going to paint my calipers but just havent been bothered.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Could always powder coat them or a coating like the coatings we use on motors, cool chrome or what ever they use... see the next to the last picture here. I don't know a price on it but I bet it's only like $20USD a caliper. I can call Monday and find out if you all want. Also I'll find out what coating they are using and let you know so you can see if someone local does it.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    Could always powder coat them or a coating like the coatings we use on motors, cool chrome or what ever they use... see the next to the last picture here. I don't know a price on it but I bet it's only like $20USD a caliper. I can call Monday and find out if you all want. Also I'll find out what coating they are using and let you know so you can see if someone local does it.
    Interesting - what sort of 'coating' is the ct1 system (ie is it powdercoating?)?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    I used to have shadow chrome rims so I sprayed my calipers in "Champagne" to suit. It's a light gold, much lighter than the VHT and other Caliper and Drum paints. Even though its normal auto body paint, I have had no problems with chips or flaking so far.

From experience though, proper caliper paint sprays on slightly thicker and ends up smoother as a result.

Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    Interesting - what sort of 'coating' is the ct1 system (ie is it powdercoating?)?
    They are all done just like powder coating but just using other materials. The CT1 is a Teflon based/dry film lubricant.