Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

F1 Discussion Thread

New thread people, old one was getting abit to long etc.

Discuss races, gossip whatever you please!

What a race at Imola.
    Watching the first 12 laps, I was amazed with BAR and giving them full credit saying how good they turned it around in 18 days, then Ferrari BANG!

Michael was nearly and at one stage was lapping 2 seconds quicker then Alonso and then Button sort of layed down his quickest times but Michael was still lapping 1.56 quicker.

As everyone else was saying, imagine if he didn't make the mistake during qualifying, he would of won the race by 3 minutes, and then the usual complaints would of happened "Ferrari this and Michael that"

To bad about Rubens and Fisichella, even though they didn't say what happened to Fisichella I'm sure that was a punchure.
    Kimi oh Kimi, how pissed off must this guy be, everytime he has the chance of winning (yes he was on lighter fuel) the car can NEVER perform for the kid.
    But Wurz had no problems with his Mclaren and for a guy that hadn't raced in 4-5 years did a spectacular job!

Villeneuve finished 6th with a very solid drive and both toyotas getting points in 7th and 8th.

My highlight was the battle between Massa and Coulthard in which it ended with Massa giving him the finger! CLASSIC.

Now for the worlds biggest wanker award to .............MARTIN BRUNDLE.
    After his comment on Webber not really liking him because he still blames Webber for crashing into Fisichella in Malaysia, after Fisichella has admitted it was his fault and all that Brundle the dumb englishman doesn't understand.

Webber last night was BAD.
    3 times he made mistakes which cost him 3 places, again Heidfeld finished ahead of him.

Thats my wrap up, well done Ferrari and BAR

the Ferrari had good braking power, I remember when michael was right behind button and he out braked him by a mile. I would say thats where ferrari got most of their speed.

Man Sato and button were great! Hondas back in it!

When Michael passed Button through the back markers that came down to experience through traffic in my opinion.

I do think BAR could be back in it.

bloody great race!!! been waiting for one of those for a while now lol, spectacular finish its been ages since a climax like that....or anti climax lol great fight there. Anooyed as hell i missed the first 30 laps cause my mate wouldn drive me home and i didnt have my car!! ah well, great second half of the race
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Kimi - The man that threw his steering wheel through a mirror and hit a black cat that was standing under a ladder......

Member Array
    This race proves that Max Moselys new rules were not "A Success" (as he heralded them). Altogether though, it was a great race and absoloutely entertaining. the last 15 laps were a real nailbighter.

This cements my view that Mark Webber will never be a world champion. He deserves to be in Formula 1, but he will be lucky to win a race. He makes too many mistakes and is not fast enough as a whole. He has consistently been outpaced by his team mate, even though he starts ahead of him on the grid on almost all occasions.

Too bad kimi retired, then we would have seen a 3 way battle for the lead

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Now for the worlds biggest wanker award to .............MARTIN BRUNDLE.
    After his comment on Webber not really liking him because he still blames Webber for crashing into Fisichella in Malaysia, after Fisichella has admitted it was his fault and all that Brundle the dumb englishman doesn't understand.
    I still agree with martin in the fact that he should have given fisichella more room. I think it was 60-40, but not as martin said that it was webbers fault, but fisichella 60, webber 40. He should have pulled a move like kimi did on massa. That would have made more sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Kimi would have been another 5 seconds down the road from Alonso and Sch at that stage, I dont think it would have been the huge 3-way the commentators think it woulda been

Member Array
    dont forget kimi was light fueled at the start, so alonso would have made up alot of ground in the first pitstops. He was only about 3 seconds down the road when his car failed, so you never know??? it most probably would have been three way.

baah im so cut!.. i missed the whole race.. T_T
    i tired recording it.. but fkn only taped 30 mins of it coz it was near the end of the tape -_-"

anywyaz michael is sucha freak lolz... im lik 13th... no way... then i come bak n find out he finished 2nd...*shock*..

congrats to BAR HONDA... very happy @ where they finished..
    they can only improve from here..

im deff gonna stay home for the next round..!
    2 weeks.. cant wait!

Member Array
    By the way, just to put the championship into perspective:
    -If Schumacher wins EVERY race from now on, and Alonso finished second, Schumacher will only win the championship by 4 POINTS!