Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Finally my team finished the race. (BAR). After travellign to Melbourne to watch how shitty their pace was, and to watch the next 2 rounds of hell. Their pace looks good, By the sounds of it their majority of problems was under a heavy fuel load, the car didnt behave how Jensen wanted it to. Well the testing and improvement since Bahrain was really good, however everyone is shitting their dacks after watching that damn Ferrari last night. I hate ferrari and I hate MSC. Sato is my man, driving a solid 5th!!! WOOOT

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    Finally my team finished the race. (BAR). After travellign to Melbourne to watch how shitty their pace was, and to watch the next 2 rounds of hell. Their pace looks good, By the sounds of it their majority of problems was under a heavy fuel load, the car didnt behave how Jensen wanted it to. Well the testing and improvement since Bahrain was really good, however everyone is shitting their dacks after watching that damn Ferrari last night. I hate ferrari and I hate MSC. Sato is my man, driving a solid 5th!!! WOOOT

Word.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Just curious, has BAR Honda brought out their new car yet? If not, when? Any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Yes they have been running the 007 since the start of the season. Hadm ajor reliability/ aero problems with it up until bahrain where it showed some reasonable pace, however the reliability was not there with Taku's brakes shot, and Jensens clutch shitting itself. The testing between bahrain and imola at the practice tracks at barcelona and paul ricard showed some blinding pace with Jensen setting an unofficial lap record around PR. Takuma also posted extremely good times. Hopefully we will start seeing the lads keep the good work up as seen at Imola. Looking forward to Spain in 2 weeks, Fernando Alonso will have huge support.

Edit- Oh Jason that bit with Massa was hillarious, he just kinda barged into the side of DC, then gave him the finger while driving off, pure hillarity! Agree with Brundle too, ****ing twat.
    Last edited by Javed; 25-04-2005 at 06:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Ahh...so they won't be bringing out another (new) car until next season then?

Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Ahh...so they won't be bringing out another (new) car until next season then?
    yeah..
    but they'll be making upgrades/tweaks as the season progresses...

will be interesting to see how the honda v8 goes next season ...
    apprently they'll be revving at 20,000+rpm...

Dylan:
    This cements my view that Mark Webber will never be a world champion. He deserves to be in Formula 1, but he will be lucky to win a race. He makes too many mistakes and is not fast enough as a whole. He has consistently been outpaced by his team mate, even though he starts ahead of him on the grid on almost all occasions.
    I never thought Webber would be a world champion, but if you watch the slow montion replys with Webber/Heinfeld's car over the kerbs then watch Alonso/Michael's the BMW had no balance and couldn't even hit 300km/h on the circuit while the Renault and Ferrari were hitting 310km/h.

Not an excuse but the car isn't as good as BAR,Renault, Ferrari or McLaren.
    Sam Michael hammered Webber in the press today.

Dylan:
    I still agree with martin in the fact that he should have given fisichella more room. I think it was 60-40, but not as martin said that it was webbers fault, but fisichella 60, webber 40. He should have pulled a move like kimi did on massa. That would have made more sense.
    I understand what you are saying Dylan, but Webber had:
    1/ Track position
    2/ Right of way (Fisichella went to way to fast and had no brakes with no rubber left on his tyres)

nEUROtic:
    Kimi would have been another 5 seconds down the road from Alonso and Sch at that stage, I dont think it would have been the huge 3-way the commentators think it woulda been
    Michael would of leaped Kimi if he stayed on I reckon, Kimi was running way light and had at least to make a 15 seconds gap before his first stop.

Javed:
    Everyone is talking about Ferrari and shitting themselves because the car was 2 whole seconds quicker a lap with a full fuel load.
    That is damm impressive!
    BAR have made major improvements but nothing on what Ferrari have showed the F1 world.

Toe:
    Just curious, has BAR Honda brought out their new car yet? If not, when? Any ideas?
    The next two races Spain and Monte Carlo they are bringing out improvements and updates on aero and chassis and minor engine adjustments, no new car until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan
    By the way, just to put the championship into perspective:
    -If Schumacher wins EVERY race from now on, and Alonso finished second, Schumacher will only win the championship by 4 POINTS!
    and if alsono dnf one race and schumacher wins it... they're only be 16 points apart...

its so crucial now to finish in the points...

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    It is maybe a bit too early to be deciding world championship standings, but nevertheless I believe it will be interesting. I just want BAR Honda to take second in the constructors again, dunno if it will happen though. Also I want to see Sato on the podium and button win a race or 2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Don't get me wrong, schumacher is obviously a great driver. But his strategists in ross brawn and jean todt are unparrelled. Even down to their dealings with eccelstone that cement ferrari's domination. However I digress, my original point is that although schumacher showed ultimate pace last night, he did all his passing in the pit lanes (with button being the obvious exception) and in 11 laps behind alonso couldnt get past, despite having the faster car.

I think he is an excellent driver, I don't think he is an excellent racer. Much like we saw from the embarrasing display with pedro de la rosa and webber. Knew how to drive fast, the car WAS fast, but he couldn't pass webber.

I just think micheal has become complacent now and less of a risk taker, and as a result isnt the raw driver he was that made u sit on the edge of your seat in the past, like your senna's. I spose its hard to stay motivated after you have done it all. Time to pass the torch soon methinks

Hold on nEUROtic.
    Your saying Michael isn't a good racer?
    Imola has a lot of off camber coners and isn't the worlds easiest track to pass on especially if someone your trying to pass has a quicker car out of the bends/corners.

You can't compare Michael to Senna, different cars, tracks have changed and so has technology.
    You don't just win 7 world championships by being a "excellent driver", all the F1 drivers are excellent.

He is at the top of his game and the best driver/racer out there, and isn't ready to pass the torch, as for his crew Jean Todt designed the 205 T16 for Group B and Peoguet went straight to the top.

Thing is motorsport is about money and when you have it and get the best, you recieve the best.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Hold on nEUROtic.
    Your saying Michael isn't a good racer?
    Imola has a lot of off camber coners and isn't the worlds easiest track to pass on especially if someone your trying to pass has a quicker car out of the bends/corners.

You can't compare Michael to Senna, different cars, tracks have changed and so has technology.
    You don't just win 7 world championships by being a "excellent driver", all the F1 drivers are excellent.

He is at the top of his game and the best driver/racer out there, and isn't ready to pass the torch, as for his crew Jean Todt designed the 205 T16 for Group B and Peoguet went straight to the top.

Thing is motorsport is about money and when you have it and get the best, you recieve the best.

I was more comparing driving style rather than results. If u want to compare results there is only one stat that senna is better in - pole positions. That will change by the end of the year though.

The fact that alonso has the faster car out of corners doesnt excuse 11 laps. He never really WENT for it. I'm not saying it was beyond him by any means. He just doesnt take the risks anymore.