Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    damn it sucks not having internet at home!

firstly, webber did his usual trick. He's great when its all going well, but as soon as he makes his first mistake and loses a place or two its all over for him, like he loses concentration and just falls back through the field, he's done it a fair few times now.

Fisichella, damn it, unlucky even when he finally does get a shot, he wouldn't have won but could have got points at least.

Again, Renault's traction control and drive out of the corners is amazing and earnt them points/the win in this case. They've had it for a few years now where no-one can get close out of corners, which makes them a bugger to pass coz you can't catch up close enough to have a shot into the next corner. Every single corner you'd watch alonso fly out of the corners and pull a few car lengths, that (with some defensive driving) is what kept schumi back. Only place he could get close was tosa (?) and that was only coz there was a relatively fast couple of corners before hand.

But, if the new Ferrari is that quick at every track, its going to be a whitewash for the rest of the season!

and i think someone said that Sato was like barrichello?, i disagree, sato is WAY more racey than Barrichello!, remember him passing for position at Hockenheim round the outside with two wheels on the grass in a high speed left hander?
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Hondavirgin - You got to remember that when your directly behind someone with the new aero rules the person with clear air (alonso) is always going to be able to pull away quicker.

Dylan - So your saying if someone goes in way to fast and can't brake or turn in, its ok to hit the other car?
    Because thats what happened.

Also, my bad Kimi did finish at Bahrain (was doing to many things)

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Hondavirgin - You got to remember that when your directly behind someone with the new aero rules the person with clear air (alonso) is always going to be able to pull away quicker.
    yeah, i understand that, just like you can't follow that closely through long fast corners, and also the first into the corner is also gonna be earlier on the power, but the Renault's have been able to consistently out drive (as in accelerate from low speeds) most other cars for a few years now. Look at their starts, always hot off the line.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Yeh I agree with you champ, the Renault is outstanding.

This thread is going good, 2-3 days old and 5 pages long I think.
    Good discussions.

Member Array

Dylan - So your saying if someone goes in way to fast and can't brake or turn in, its ok to hit the other car?
    Because thats what happened.

Also, my bad Kimi did finish at Bahrain (was doing to many things)
    No I'm saying that Fisi had the inside line, Webber had no chance to pass around the outside of a hairpin, he should have waited. He unnessecarily risked his car on a move that would never have worked out.

Webber could of overtaken him, he had more traction and a better/faster car and Fisichella knew that and out braked himself.

If you watch it again you'll know what i mean, there has been plenty of moves done on hairpins, especially when someone has fuk all traction.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    saw something this morning about button possibly being disqualified cause he car wasn't minimum weight or something?

so don't break out the Dom Perignon just yet

EDIT: sorry didn't see the other thread. my bad
    Last edited by 7th Gen; 26-04-2005 at 03:33 PM.

Imola - fastest laps in the race :
    1. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari - 1'21.858 - lap 48
    2. Jenson Button - BAR Honda - 1'22.604 - lap 22
    3. Alexander Wurz - McLaren Mercedes - 1'23.023 - lap 24
    4. Fernando Alonso - Renault - 1'23.133 - lap 22
    5. Kimi Raikkonen - McLaren Mercedes - 1'23.296 - lap 8
    6. Takuma Sato - BAR Honda - 1'23.368 - lap 23
    7. Tonio Liuzzi - Red Bull Cosworth - 1'23.488 - lap 46
    8. Felipe Massa - Sauber Petronas - 1'23.602 - lap 37
    9. Nick Heidfeld - Williams BMW - 1'23.917 - lap 54
    10. Jacques Villeneuve - Sauber Petronas - 1'24.017 - lap 45
    11. Jarno Trulli - Toyota - 1'24.022 - lap 44
    12. Narain Karthikeyan - Jordan Toyota - 1'24.094 - lap 20
    13. Ralf Schumacher - Toyota - 1'24.230 - lap 19
    14. Mark Webber - Williams BMW - 1'24.419 - lap 17
    15. Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari - 1'24.435 - lap 13
    16. David Coulthard - Red Bull Cosworth - 1'24.641 - lap 22
    17. Tiago Monteiro - Jordan Toyota - 1'24.719 - lap 19
    18. Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault - 1'25.665 - lap 4
    19. Christijan Albers - Minardi Cosworth - 1'27.420 - lap 18
    20. Patrick Friesacher - Minardi Cosworth - 1'28.334 - lap 5

unlucky about ralf...i missed so much of this GP so anooyed!
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    It was the best race I have seen in a while....Schumy was flying and it was as if every one else was standing still. I had the biggest grin on my face

I am a 100% Schumy fan but you have to take your hat off to Alonso...he kept a level head and did what he had to do to win the race. I was very impressed!

I will always be a Ferrari fan, but if there is another team that I have always followed/supported, it is the Renault (formerly Benetton).

It looks as though the rest of the season should be intersting...if only Schumacher can get a good grid position....

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    lol imagine if he hadnt messed up his lap i dont think anyone would have seen him agian, but he proaberly wouldnt have pushed hard at all cause now everyone knows that their car is very fast....

Member Array
    Webber could of overtaken him, he had more traction and a better/faster car and Fisichella knew that and out braked himself.

If you watch it again you'll know what i mean, there has been plenty of moves done on hairpins, especially when someone has fuk all traction.
    So Fisichella was just meant to give up? is that what your saying? Schumacher had a faster car at Imola, but Alonso didn't give up!! De La Rosa had the faster car at Bahrain, but Webber didnt give up!! Point is, Webber made the move at the right corner, the wrong way. He un-nessecarily put his car in a vunerable position. Im sure that if he stayed wide at that corner, pulled a switch through so he had a better run onto the straight, then got the inside line into the next corner, he would have passed him and got his first podium position.

The speed that Fisichella took into that corner he could have made it through... Webber was squeezing him though. Ends up he was limited and the back end slipped away from him.

Thats my reading on the situation anyway.