Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    segway

help me build - what can i do for 3 grand?

Hi all, i have a B18B GSi teg, i have 3 grand and wanting to spend it on my engine. What can i do/order for my engine to give it a bit more punch? Excluding nos and ECU (not until i have the mods worth adding one with) Im getting a ceramic clutch and lightened fly in about a month or so. I have a full exhaust, cold air intake, and lowered....what can i do?! Suggestions ppl?

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    turbo
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    boost it
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    nah, i could only run it to 8psi or risk blowing up want to keep it n/a

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    Get a b16a head it would probably cost 550 buks and maybe 500 for labor,which also means u got vtec and an estimate of 35 hp gain

tint the windows

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    A set of TODA 4-2-1 headers.

Not sure what setup your running atm (ie - what headers/exhust), but after researching alot of headers on american sites, and comparing dyno increases, TODA would be one of the if not THE best bet in headers. I know you said not ECU yet, but TODA headers on a nice catback with a nice tune has seen some very substancial gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    turbo
    HUH??? he said 3K dude!!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    currently in ur situation bro, im thinking cams( im currently researching cams for the b18b2), headers and ecu. should be good for 15-20 kw atw, also where u getting clutch and light fly? and how much??

also i know u said no ecu bro, but tuning is very under rated in the right hands
    Last edited by FlavzzTEGRA; 26-04-2005 at 10:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    .... i'd save up for a conversion rather than mod ur current engine... or buy a new car... B18B is hard to get KW out of if u dont wanna boost... looking at the tradingpost...VTIR vs Gsi teggys, VTIRS are more expensive by about 3000 bucks... buy a VTIR

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    .... i'd save up for a conversion rather than mod ur current engine... or buy a new car... B18B is hard to get KW out of if u dont wanna boost... looking at the tradingpost...VTIR vs Gsi teggys, VTIRS are more expensive by about 3000 bucks... buy a VTIR
    Seriously guys, it is not as easy as that to just sell up and grab a Vtir, as if we could have afforded it in the first place we would have bought a Vtir teg then. I agree with u in saying that a Vtir is much easier to get N/A power out of but please dont say just sell the GSI and get a Vtir as its never that easy. There are other costs involved in buying a higher performance car than just the initial purchase price, and once u buy the car, u are paying stamp duty, rego and insurance which u will have to pay again if buying another car!

A properly boosted b18b will will beat most mildly modified N/A b18c's, so if u take your GSI, say we have to spend 5 or 6 grand on a turbo, you are still getting a much quicker car than a Vtir Teg with only a couple grand spent on it.

just making the point as has been done before, DONT alwayst tell GSI owners: sell the GSI and buy a Vtir or Sell ur car and Buy a Type R, Its never that easy..

Member Array
    Car:
    92 integra LS TURBO,96gsi
    dude your best option either buy a b18c and drop it in your vti , or do as was mentioned above and do an ls/vtec conversion to you b18b