Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra Vti-r

dc2 h/u mounting

for anyone wanting to install a headunit to a dc2 there is a mounting kit you can get from autobarn (about $50) it makes life a sh*t load easier.

Just thought I'd mention it as I have stuffed around so much trying to get my cd player to fit, then I got this fascia thing and it just slid in perfectly.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Got pics mate? I would like to have a look see, my head unit is just basically sitting in there.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    It probably is the one made by aerpro.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    ....?

so your sayin dc2's you can't mount an aftermarket headunit directly replacing the stock oem honda headunit ?

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    theres these two screws at the back of the stock head unit that are a bitch to put back in let alone take out, and i dont think aftermarked head units have the bracket to bolt it onto anyway.

Basically you have to tape the head unit mounting cage to the din pocket, and use the tabs to hold the cage in place, then slide the head unit in. No bolts or screws to secure it properly. And if you dont do it 100% perfectly ure headunit wont sit right, just take a look at most of the pics of dc2's for sale with aftermarket headunits, and ull see that most of the head units are sitting and a "not quite right angle" thats not 100% flush with the din pocket.

So with the mounting kit, it should sit in correctly ?

vti-r teg - can you should be actual pics of the mounting kit, just want to see how the product looks like so i can recognise it at the shop

interesting find. i too have noticed that aftermarket headunits did not fit exactly correctly into the space. it make the whole centre console look slightly off balance.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    sorta off topic but doesn any kno how to take out the stock oem headunit...

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai
    just take a look at most of the pics of dc2's with aftermarket headunits, and ull see that most of the head units are sitting and a "not quite right angle" thats not 100% flush with the din pocket.
    or pop out completely when u take your car down the 1/4

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    hrv - head over to team integra complete write up there

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    so can anyone actually source one of these mounting brackets ?

no has dem supercheap autobarn repco strathield car radios doran pro audio fairfield car radio...

stil in the hunt...

yep - i brought the mounting bracket ($40) and wire harness ($16) from autobarn =)

hrv-8oy, goto the greenvalley one, its next to maccas.

I would take a pic of the installation i done, however i dont know how to upload things on here.

Cheers
    Jim