Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WRC Thread.

Is on this weekend.
    If you go to wrc.com just leave it on the front page and they have a preview thing and you see the cars doing 0-100km/h on gravel and they compare everyone.
    Quickest was 4.2 seconds, how good is that?

Leob is in front with Solberg behind him and Hirvonen in 3rd.
    Overall ladder is here:
    http://www.wrc.com/page/StageTimes/0...005106,00.html

Atkinson in 24th, he was 7th after day 1.
    Last edited by LUD02C; 05-06-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Atko was going pretty well despite having a stomach bug. Then he got distracted when passing Duval's crash and hit a rock himself. He'll be back in action today, but picked up 10mins in penalties for the 2 stages he missed.

Solberg was screwed by being first on the road on Leg 1. But now he'll have better road position so we'll see if he can eat into Loeb's good lead.
    Gronholm could still be a factor, 'cos he's bloody quick. That's if he doesn't roll again!

For those with Foxtel, the highlights are on at 11pm tonight.
    I prefer to use Mitsubishi's live timing... it's much better than WRC.com's bollocks.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...wrc/index.html

And for those interested in ARC, if you don't already know... Rally of Canberra is on Ten at 2pm tomorrow.

-Viv-

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    And 4.2s 0-100 on gravel... lol, that's FAST!

More trouble for Chris, end of day 2 in 27th.
    Had more problems with tyres/suspensions apprently.

Leob is a full minute ahead
    Been some good crashes.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    But he clawed his way back to 18th on the last Leg. Including another stage win!!
    Hope he has better luck and less random rocks in the next few (rough) rallies.

Anyone see Duval's car end in flames?
    He rolled his Citroen for the second time and it just went up in flames in the forest.

He is ok from what I saw on tv.
    Chris isn't having a good rally, I think he will loose his seat to a Pug or Citroen driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Chris has done okay. He lost 20mins on the first day because his clutch started slipping. From then on, there was no point pushing. And Cyprus is a bastard of a rally. Rough as guys, rocks the size of footballs and above 50 degrees in the car. It's horrible.

Wait until they get to rallies like Japan, Finland, Australia and GB. Then you'll see if he's got the pace or not. These rough rallies are more about luck than anything else. And Atko's luck has not been with him.

And yeah, Duval is not having a good season. He's crashed a lot of times and this last crash will cost Citroen a couple of mil. Lol, to completely destroy a WRCar... that's an expensive wreck! He not even toasted the car... it burned down half the forest up there too!

Turkey this weekend and Loeb is on fire as usual.
    Can't wait to watch this on Foxtel.

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    foxtel?? damm.....when is it goin to air on free tv?

Foxtel have preview WRC (night before the rally starts) then after every day foxtel has a "highlights" show of the days.

So 3 highlight shows and then usually a day or two after the rally is finished it has the full show.

Channel 10 have it minimum 10 days after the rally.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Jase, have you started a Rally of Turkey thread?

must admit have not been following the WRC as much as I used to - i think all my time is taken up by F1 now!!!!!!!!

nice to see Sainz back in the drivers seat after Duval's shocker

Atkinson crashed out again, but he's getting good experience

I might just make this the WRC thread.
    Leob is now 1m 16sec ahead of Solberg, not even the end of day 2!
    The guy is a freak!

I hope Solberg holds on to 2nd, Loeb is 11 points ahead of him I think in Drivers championship!

On ARC news, Crocker won round 2 of the ARC today, he also won round 1.