Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof in CRX

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX

Sunroof in CRX

Hey all,

I've got a 1988 CRX, it doesnt have a sunroof, but I've been thinking about getting one.

I always hear that sunroofs will ALWAYS leak after a while, and cause rust around them etc, etc.

Just wondering, will it really rust and leak after a while, or just depends on how good the job is? Also, how much do sunroofs cost on average?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Justin & Hayden
    No... not all sunroofs will leak. I have a 1994 civic with factory sunroof and it doesnt leak. So it's been there 11 yrs on the car.... If you take care of your things, it will last longer.

Not sure about prices.. but like with everything, a good job won't go astray..

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    lol should have bought an 89
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    i had a 88 prelude before n it had a factory sunroof....that was bout 2 yrs ago n it did start to rust a lil bit...but it didnt actually leak..think it was more due to age...great things to hav...sunroofs..missed it terribly...

Bumble B: ur civic must be a vti....got a Si n wished they had factory sunroofs...DAM!!! hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatch
    But seriously, who wants fast glass in the roof that has a motor that adds to the weight of your car? Wind down a window!

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    man i am living proof bro it can be done and done well
    i got a 88 crx and it has an aftermarket sunroof lucky for me the previous owner had it professionally installed with rubber around the edges.... no leaks or rust

Member Array
    Car:
    88 civic
    Thats a killa aftermarket sunroof...i didnt know that they could be made that well...

so does ne1 know how much it would cost to get done? wouldnt mind getting one done.
    selling ED 88 Civic & 93 civic half cut
    -----------------------------------

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    not a fan of glass sunroofs or the glass roofs on crxs
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Thanks a lot for the replys.

Snoop gee, do u know where that person got the sunroof installed? I live in melbourne, and ill go anywhere around here if I know its gonna be a good job like your one has there.

Also, you know how much they paid for it?

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    The reason for the succuss of my sunroof is because it pop's out then slides out so that any excess water is drained off when the sunroof pops open.Rather than something that is sunken in and slides across that's some of the reason why u get rust and leaks.

The pluses and minuses come in both so i should tell u mine is hand driven u got to turn the handle to open and close. The (+) light weight than some electronic device. (-) manual operations.

the manufactor is Hollandia Sunroofs so just do a google search and see. i would have a clue price wise but i am guessin $400-$600.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    i heard you need to maintain the sunroof atleast every few years, if this is true can anyone recommend a place in sydney (western suburbs) that does this service thanks!

I haven't heard anything about maintenence, but it does seem wise. I've got an aftermarket one put it and it has not caused me a single worry at all, in a 98 civic. With something like this, I would be more than happy paying top dollar with the assurance of knowing itll be a good job
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!