Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

Rear speakers cutting out....help?

hey,

just got a quick question in regards to my rear speakers. Lately every now and then when i go on a bumpy road my rear speakers cut out, atm the rear speakers are connected to an amp. Every time i go over a bump it cuts out and that i only hear music from my front speakers. Rear speakers seem to work when i turn of the deck and then turn it back on but until yesterday that has seem to fail.

I have checked all the wiring ie rear speakers and amp connection and all seems to be fine. I have yet to check the wires running to my deck as i dont have time but does anyone else have any suggestions as to what else it could be?

cheers

buy new system!!

Team West Yo!

1:15:0 @ Wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_MASS
    buy new system!!
    haha nah man im serious abt this...its annoying and depressing driving without thumping music...help someone

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    it could be the amp, sorta had this prob b4. few things it could is that the amp could be overloaded with bridging if it is bridged, or overheating..???
    can also be the amps got something loose inside.
    also check the fuse u got on the power cable running from ur battery to the amp....last time i had this prob where my fuse wasnt big enough n not enough power was getting to the amp n it would play up. my fuse casing was all distorted 'cos the fuse got so hot it melted the casing.

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279
    it could be the amp, sorta had this prob b4. few things it could is that the amp could be overloaded with bridging if it is bridged, or overheating..???
    can also be the amps got something loose inside.
    also check the fuse u got on the power cable running from ur battery to the amp....last time i had this prob where my fuse wasnt big enough n not enough power was getting to the amp n it would play up. my fuse casing was all distorted 'cos the fuse got so hot it melted the casing.
    fuses are like a thermal switch, in that they use a heat sensitive conductor that melts/breaks. i think that would be more from an overrated fuse for that fuse casing.

check all your wiring - speakers, power & rca, and perhaps even shake the amp and see if it replicates the problem. it may well be a faulty amplifier.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    are your RCA's running along right next to your power cable? Like from your deck to your amp, are the cables all running together under the carpet...

sometime this effects stuff like that as it did in my car...

the RCA's and Power cable should never run together, one should run down the left side of the car and one down the right - or however, as long as they dont run side by side!

I see you're in Sydney. If you like bring it down here and I'll diagnose the issue for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    hehe cheers guys..will check out the amp this weekend...

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlow
    are your RCA's running along right next to your power cable? Like from your deck to your amp, are the cables all running together under the carpet...

sometime this effects stuff like that as it did in my car...

the RCA's and Power cable should never run together, one should run down the left side of the car and one down the right - or however, as long as they dont run side by side!
    that wouldnt in any situation cause the speakers to cut out. it would only create a lot of undue alternator noise/whine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    Hi Guys,

Hey Fly, you said whenever you go over bumps your rear speakers cut out. If you have already checked your speakers' connection to the amp then I would be inclinded to check the RCAs from your head unit to the amp, could be something as simple as a loose RCA if you are using splitters.

If the front speakers are still working you could try swappng your rears to the front channel on the amp to check it's not your speakers. If the speakers work its either something loose/damaged in your amp or faulty/bad RCA connection.

Good luck with it