Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA

[Euro] best mods for money

just wanting to ask the question as to which modifications yeild best results for the money..the reason i ask is i would like to get a little more power with minimal outlay as well as not devaluing the car too much remembering this is a classy car which just happens to have a very good engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    just wanting to ask the question as to which modifications yeild best results for the money..the reason i ask is i would like to get a little more power with minimal outlay as well as not devaluing the car too much remembering this is a classy car which just happens to have a very good engine.
    If power - cold air intake is best bang for buck.

Or to be cheeky - I would suggest selling those heavy 18" BSA rims you have and putting the 16" stocks back on - remove space saver and tools - and whola you have a whole lot more bang and you have made money selling the 18" rims.
    Last edited by yfin; 02-05-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    In terms of power, CAI

In terms of handling, Whiteline rear sway bar

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    In terms of power, CAI

In terms of handling, Whiteline rear sway bar
    I agree with that...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Best Bang For Your Buck Ever without Spending a SINGLE Cent....... Cut weight off the car!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

personally, i'm picking up the whiteline sway bar. for around 200 bucks it apparently really improves the handling - can't go wrong. But your after power ay so i'd say the comptech icebox. I think its about $250 compared to the injen which would be significantly more. It also wouldn't detract from the euro's luxury image and as it looks very stock also wouldn't detract from the cars value. You could also remove the resonator and get some free power just some ideas.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I agree, for power, CAI may be the best mod for money.
    Other than that, reducing the weight, although doesn't actually increase power, will nevertheles makes your car feel more powerful because of the power/weight ratio
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Just like in the movie Italian Job with the mini's.. They wanted to make it more powerful so wat did they do.. Take out stuff they didn't really need from the car... Weight Reduction...

But won't weight reduction affect ur weight distribution??

do what i did and go weight addition. put a sub and some amps in the boot and you'll get closer to 50:50

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Luxury
    Is there any recommended method for hooking up a CAI?

Also, is a lightened flywheel worthwhile?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    What is CAI?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    i'd say cosmetic rather than performance. reason being is that once your use to your cars performance you ALWAYS dip into your pockets for more