Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Chris, Suncorp usually allows you to choose your smash repairer, but dont know if Exclusive Auto Centre is their "Preferred" one or not. you can check with Nick. But if you seriously consider getting it done there, I am sure Nick can help you out with insurance paperwork. We have cars insured with suncorp and got fixed by Nick, so should be ok with your case too. Suncorp is doing v well with its car insurance. It is now looking after AMP's car insurance too.

thanks for the heads up roger. I'll get in touch with them and see if i can sort something out. I want everything how it was b4 this happened - so much for taking the DC5R knob and short shfiter for a run anytime soon haha

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    sad to hear.. it's always a street away from where you live :S that's where most accidents occur apparently, well within a few km's of your place.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

yea, that'd be right ay - i was only driving to park at the bus stop aswell , 2 minute drive max and i didn't make it. Do u think while it's getting repaired i should get the chrome on the front grill painted the same colour as the body? I've been thinking about doing this for a while and i could get it done while it's in the shop - opinions?

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    I've been wanting to get my grill painted for awhile as well, on one side it looks great with it, and from another side, it looks good painted as well. Hard to say
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Chris.. Take advantage of the time ur car is in the panel & paint shop.. Which means if u wanted to paint things on ur car do it now while ur car is in the shop..

It saves the hassle of putting ur car back to paint this and that in the future...

yea that''s what i was thinking. i asked my dad what he thought i should do about getting it painted. he seems to to think the paint will start peeling after a while because it's chrome - i'd have to convince him that it won't. Anyone have any ideas of roughly how much getting the trim repainted would cost?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    yea that''s what i was thinking. i asked my dad what he thought i should do about getting it painted. he seems to to think the paint will start peeling after a while because it's chrome - i'd have to convince him that it won't. Anyone have any ideas of roughly how much getting the trim repainted would cost?

if u sand it down properly and stuff i think it should be fine..

gabba smash repairs would be doing it and i was under the impression that a professional shop would have no troubles painting the hood trim pieces. Who thinks it would be worth it?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    give the bump shop a go they are pretty good too

It's been decided. The car is being taken to gabba smash repairs. we've had cars done there before and never really had a problem so all should be good. In a few weeks should be as good as new - possibly even better with the new grill trims

I think it will look great after u painted the hood trim,
    here is the pic of my painted trim and the H,
    after about 1 and half years, there only few small stone chip.