Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails

Euro Bodykit's in Melbourne

hey all. the main reason i found this website was because i was searching on google for euro bodykits.

ive seen some, and liked what ive seen. this one in particular looks very nice:

http://www.body-kit.com/acura04tsxextreme.html

now, ive seen some companies advertisting replica (fake) bodykits for the euro, at around $845. my question is, are these bodykits any good? is the quality of it good, does the bodykit line up with the original euro panels? or once its installed, can you tell its a cheap fake?

i went to the melbourne auto salon, and some chick handed me this brochure for

www.vivagarage.com

its based in SA, and on their brochure, it has the same bodykit as the above URL, but for $845, i just cant seem to find it on their website.

and for that bodykit, how much does the original cost?

thanks

I like that kit too...i too havent found a melb supplier for aftermarket bodykits yet...having said that you could purchase from sa or nsw and get a place to do the labor for you here...

In terms of whether the kit will line up with the euro...i think it depends on who you get to fit it..and whether you get them to do it again if they dont do a good enough job....the tsx in the link looks like it has also had mods to the exhaust...i wonder how the kit would handle stock exhausts etc

fogs on the front also look like an issue as well.

I think there would be a bit of playing around to make it fit perfect...

keep us updated mate !! I wonder if a place like jetspeed could help you out ?
    or maybe ask viva garage if they know someone decent in vic ?
    http://www.jetspeed.com.au/

cheers
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

soz

your question was about fake replica kits..

it depends on how good the fake is....

its like a rolex and a rolllex.... (maybe a harsh analogy!!) you get what you pay for...having said that there are some decent fakes around...
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    of course original bodykits are alwasyg oing to be better in quality since they would most likley be made from high quality plastic not fibreglass.
    do a search. Pum[Z] has the mugen replica bodykit on his and the finish quality is excellent as he will tell you himself.
    not sure if luckystar make originals of that bodkit anymore but i could be wrong.

as long as you have a quality panelbeater who knows what theyre doing, there shouldnt be any problem fitting and painting
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

that luckstar kit is rediculous . I want someone to make a replica of the phase front bar - now that was nice

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    would you guys know where Pum[Z] got his mugen replica bodykit from?
    and in regards to getting the real kit, are these expensive? i emailed bodykit.com asking the price for the bodykit, since it wasnt listed on the website. and in the end, if i cant find a decent bodykit, ill just get the euro kit available here, since it does look pretty nice...

you can get euro kits from motorware

TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    yep motorware can get kits for you - not too keen on their prices though. They quoted me $2200 for D2 coilovers fitted. Fair bit of profit in that

im feeling that *feels* bodykit though....rather choice....price is same as what i got quoted for stock bodykit from honda....so go figure on that one
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by adammet04
    im feeling that *feels* bodykit though....rather choice....price is same as what i got quoted for stock bodykit from honda....so go figure on that one
    Yeah but the stock kit is not fiberglass. You kiss a fiberglass kit on a wall with your Euro at 2kph and you can kiss good bye to the kit. Maybe that is an exaggeration but you can get away with slight touches on a factory kit without breaking things. Obviously you would need to repaint the area - but you are talking about much stronger materials in the stock kit.

I am not feeling the feels kit - I think LOC888 has the right idea by sourcing the Euro R kit - it looks fantastic and is factory quality.

thats a good point yfin. personally i think loc888's (i think it's his; GP with euro r bodykit and 18 or 19" wheels) is the best looking i've seen - very classy.