Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300

EAI Air Cylinder Kit

Hey Guys

I recently purchased a EAI (Excentrix Auto Innovations) Air cylinder kit from the USA for my 95 Accord. It was originally off a 93 model Civic, but when I compare dthe kit for the accord and the civic, they were both very similiar!!

So my question is, does anyone know, will I need to modify any mounts etc to install the cylinders into my accord??

Any help and directions would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    just wondering what an air cylinder kits is or does? i've never heard of them and i've worked on quite a few cars before

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    lol wtf
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

is that for air suspension??
    your probably best to go to an american website..

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    I think the main part of his question is: "What do i need to modify to make 93 Civic struts fit my 95 Accord." The fact that it is an air cylinder wouldnt change the answer much.

I'd say you can put the Accord strut-tops on the air cylinders, so that part shouldnt need modifying.

You would want to find the diameter of the bottom of the strut (which gets clamped into a cylinder-receptacle on Hondas) - that might not be the same diameter as the Accord.

Lastly, is the Civic strut the same length as an Accord strut? I know its shorter than the integra strut, so you'd wanna hope its not too short!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    I have been in contact with a few ppl from the USA, and these air cylinders apparently fit all civics from 88-00 and accords from 90-97, plus integras del sols etc

The forks on the rear look like they should line up ok with the chassis bolts

From my experience you can make cylinders fit anything, there is a dude here in newcastle with a old VW beetle, running cylinders that were for a Honda.

I was hoping someone would have covered this area before so that I would know exactly what I need to change etc
    Limbo basically an Air kit replaces your stock springs and shocks with either a cylinder, or airbags with struts. You can adjust the height from inside the cabin roughly 8 inches up and down, and depending on the setup, you can 3 wheel (park the car on 3 wheels, or if your mad enough drive with one wheel in the air, with the rear wheel off the ground)

Member Array
    Car:
    accord 96 vtis
    how much u get it for?>

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    Landed here in oz for around $2kish AUD. Its worth $3.5K AUD to buy new in the USA.

I bought if off a dude who used it on his show car for 1 summer (practically its brand new kit)