Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL

Jun vs Toda vs Skunk2

Im considering what cams to put into my car at the moment. I am thinking between Toda Stage 2, Jun Stage 3, or Skunk2 Stage 2.

Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages between them all like which ones are better for mid range torque/power, which have high end power, etc...

They all seem to be around the same price for a set, so I am having trouble deciding which ones to get. Is there any others that I should conider too?

BTW. These will be going into a B16A and will be used for a track car (circut not drag)

arnt JUN stage 3 the "flagship" cam for JUN.. they have a stage 2 cam dont they?

... well thats my input

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Yes, Jun do have a stage 2, but from what I have read, the Jun stage 3 are on the same level to the stage 2 by the other companies. I think the Skunk2 and Toda stage 3's are a lot more agressive.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    The following link shows review on the different brands of cams, stages 2-3

See this link:
    http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=141
    Deano.

Quote Originally Posted by ekslut
    Im considering what cams to put into my car at the moment. I am thinking between Toda Stage 2, Jun Stage 3, or Skunk2 Stage 2.

Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages between them all like which ones are better for mid range torque/power, which have high end power, etc...

They all seem to be around the same price for a set, so I am having trouble deciding which ones to get. Is there any others that I should conider too?

BTW. These will be going into a B16A and will be used for a track car (circut not drag)
    The one thing that you all must understand is that it is not 1 given part in an engine that makes power it is a combination of parts,all these cams make very good power and give you what you want WITH THE REST OF THE COMBINATION so no one here can give you any idea as to which one is better than the other.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i also think that the Toda stage 3's are a lot more agressive then the Jun.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    tuff call.. are all v.good

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    have you considered any of the buddy club range? I hear the buddy 3 is verygood, but on a street level, but i also understand there is a buddy 4 wich is supposed to be quite aggressive

can anyone verify this?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    go for jun3, easier to get them to idle

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    my skunk 2 stage 2's idle fine. I put them in my b16a2 and it slowed me down. I didnt have the compression or displacement to push them. I had to go up to a 1.85 litre to take advantage of these cams, but i like them a lot
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave
    The one thing that you all must understand is that it is not 1 given part in an engine that makes power it is a combination of parts,all these cams make very good power and give you what you want WITH THE REST OF THE COMBINATION so no one here can give you any idea as to which one is better than the other.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Totally agree with you dave!

You can make a lot of power with just even CTR/ITR cams if you know what you are doing. Cams alone dont do the trick...

Ask yourself these questions

- Whats the function of a camshafts in an engine?

- Whats makes a different from one camshaft over the other?

- What is a lift in a camshaft?

- What is a duration in a camshaft?

If you are not sure about the answer for these 4 basic questions, i guess it is better to do more research before plunging in to buy a cams and only ended to be advertised on FOR SALE section.. "reason for selling: not performing as promised.."

my 2 cents...
    Last edited by hondar; 22-06-2005 at 07:52 PM.
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

i guess wat everyone saying is tru about needing a combination of things to make your car perform better.

also when you have those diff parts all put together it also needs the good tuning to make all those parts come together and make your car run as optimal as can be.

since your car is wont b street and just circuit, i would go the top of the of any of those brands since the higher spec the more race orientated they are.but definately before you dive into buying those products you must consider wat else you would need.

honestly i would probably go get a b18b non vtec from an integra and put in vtec killer cams in them... just to c how they perform coz thats wat real race cars do.they dont really use variable valve timing when then can have optimal valve timing all the way from the word go.

but hey good luck with it all.