Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well, 8L is enough for around two laps at most circuits.
    Average F1 fuel consumption is around 75L/100km
    Imola is 4.93 km hence 3.7L per lap

Part of me is saying they cheated get rid of them and the other half is saying maybe a fine and 1 race suspension would be enough.

I'm guessing they (FIA) want to make an example of if you cheat you will end up like BAR-Honda.
    OH well, whats done is done but the reputation will last a lot longer.

thats sad, cheatings cheating. So what do you think honda take over at the end of the year?

hmmm bugger, well if they were found for cheating I spose it's all fair This'll learn em'
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

BAR Honda's reaction to ICA's decision
    'This penalty is wholly and grossly disproportionate'

Nick Fry

Following the decision of the FIA International Court of Appeal (ICA) earlier today, Nick Fry, Chief Executive Officer of B·A·R Honda made the following statement in relation to the ruling:

"B·A·R Honda is appalled at the decision of the FIA International Court of Appeal and asserts that the judgement is contrary to all of the evidence heard yesterday. The team proved that it complied with the current regulations and the FIA now acknowledges that the regulations are unclear.

"We repeat that at no time did B·A·R Honda run underweight at the San Marino Grand Prix and this was also unchallenged by the FIA.

"While the International Court of Appeal rejected the FIA's original accusations of fraud and deception, B·A·R Honda says that this penalty is wholly and grossly disproportionate.

"The team is advised by its legal counsel that the judgement is plainly wrong based on the evidence presented and it is currently examining its options."

Press release
    BAR Honda

BAR HONDA to appeal against the decision

BAR Honda fight race ban
    The team looking for a way to race this weekend

BAR Honda want to race this weekend

BAR-Honda plan to go to court to claim their place on the grid for the Spanish Grand Prix after being thrown out of the event here Thursday afternoon.

The team were banned from this weekend's race and the next race in Monaco after a court of appeal hearing in Paris concluded they had failed to comply with the regulations at the last race in San Marino.

But they are determined to continue racing this weekend and in a statement team principal Nick Fry said: "BAR- Honda is appalled at the decision of the FIA International Court of Appeal.

"The team asserts that the judgement is contrary to all of the evidence heard yesterday. The team proved that it complied with the current regulations and the FIA now acknowledges that the regulations are unclear. We repeat that at no time did BAR Honda run underweight at the San Marino Grand Prix and this was also unchallenged by the FIA."

While the International Court of Appeal rejected the FIA's original accusations of fraud and deception, BAR Honda believe that this penalty is wholly and grossly disproportionate.

The team are advised by their legal counsel that the judgement is plainly wrong based on the evidence presented and are currently examining their options.

The team is already set up in the Barcelona paddock and Fry confirmed that they have some of the best sporting lawyers in the world working on their case. "It's the team's objective to race here this weekend," he added. "We need to get some judgement from a court pretty soon, probably tomorrow (Friday) morning. I think we need to get the car into qualifying so I think that will be our final deadline.

"I've spoken to (race drivers) Jenson (Button) and Takuma (Sato) and they are fully aware of the situation. Obviously what they want to do is go racing. Our practice times at the last test were impressive so we came here to win a race.

"It's especially disappointing for both of them. The next two races are crucial to us and given our performance in the last race and given our performance in testing, these are both races we can win."

Australian Minardi team chief Paul Stoddart took the FIA to court at the Australian Grand Prix in March to protest their decision not to allow his 2004-specificaion cars to race in Melbourne and won the case. But his team, who are consistently at the back of the grid, subsequently changed their plans and ran to the 2005 regulations after the future of the Australian Grand Prix was threatened due to the court's decision.

Spaniard Fernando Alonso, the world championship leader who drives for Renault, said that any team failing to observe the regulations should be appropriately punished.

"We all know there are regulations and if you break them this is what happens. Jenson (Button) drove a terrific race at Imola and it must be very disappointing for him, but I am sure they will be back," said Alonso.

Source AFP
    interesting to hear Alonso's comments... after his idiotic comments earlier
    Last edited by ^^v; 06-05-2005 at 07:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Man I hope they are on the grid, cos they were set to kick ass this week at Barcelona.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 Civic sedan
    I just dont know. I mean, its Honda, they are always on the edge of everything, I really dont think they 'overlooked' something and were wrong. Nor do I think they would cheat. Its been said that the rules were unclear, they merely(sp) took use of this. If they are smart enough to use that, then thumbs up to them.

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    bar is ghey, go the red cars

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    "cancel the decision taken by the Stewards because it did not respect the technical and sporting regulations of Formula One as well as the rules of the International Sporting Code"
    I wonder what the stewards at the GP do then. Might as well let FIA take the F1 cars home to check it out.

the information contridicts
    Article 1.9 “the weight of the car with the driver wearing his complete racing apparel, at all times during the event”, and must not be related with the weight of the car in ‘running order’ as defined in article 1.10
    Article 4.1. of the Technical Regulations, without mentioning the fuel, requires that at all times during the event, whether or not the driver is weighed separately, the weight must not be less than 600 kg.

"The FIA now acknowledges that the regulations are unclear. We repeat that at no time did BAR Honda run underweight at the San Marino Grand Prix and this was also unchallenged by the FIA."
    I think BAR just happen to find a hole in the rules as the stupid F1 Article is so shit.

stupid BAR and FIA (ICA is run by FIA people)
    can Honda buy out BAR tmr and rename it to Honda F1 Racing?
    bring on GPWC!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Well, this is bumfuzzling. The FIA wants to ban a team from F1. Why? Because they were trying to exploit a loophole. Every team tries to exploit loopholes, that's what gives you the edge.

Remember when Bridgestone were found to have illegal spec tyres? They rolled onto the sidewall for more grip. Did the FIA call for Bridgestone to be banned from F1?
    No seriously... did they? I can't remember.

Not sure what the FIA is planning. Shouldn't you be encouraging teams in F1? Especially high profile ones like BAR Honda. Give them a fine, take a few points, close the loophole or ambiguity and continue.

I don't see what the fuss is about. The teams are always trying to exploit the rules. If you ban every team which exploits the rules, you have no F1. The punishments have to be significant and proportional. Fines and point deductions should be sufficient.

I'm pretty certain that no team complies with the rules 100%. There are always interpretations of ambiguity and loopholes to exploit. It's unfortunately the way it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivski
    I'm pretty certain that no team complies with the rules 100%. There are always interpretations of ambiguity and loopholes to exploit. It's unfortunately the way it is.
    just coz everyone else is doing it it makes it ok? Rules are rules, you break them you wear the consequences. If it's an ambiguity then its up to you to prove you were right, happens in law all the time, its all open to interpretation.

Anyways, its only two races. i think thats a fair punishment. Anything less wouldn't even be a punishment. Just stripping imola points would be what? 8 points or something, as opposed to 8 points plus the chance of 16 more.

Having said all that, I'm all for GPWC!
    Last edited by Hondavirgin; 06-05-2005 at 12:44 PM. Reason: read some other posts.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    From what I've heard, I think 2 race suspension and 6 month suspended plus being stripped of points is fair. Maybe take away all their points for the season so far (which isn't much).

It may've been unclear in my post, but I think 2 races is a good punishment. Shame to penalise Button and Sato who may or may not've known about it. What I don't think is a fair and proportional punishment is the FIA calling for a total ban. That's just stupidity.