Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    oh, yeah, i agree, whole season was crazy.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i say boot BAR/BAT or whatever its called now.. (as u can see i havnt been keeping up with f1lately)
    it'd be great to hav a full blown honda team...

just my 2c

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3aKi3
    i say boot BAR/BAT or whatever its called now.. (as u can see i havnt been keeping up with f1lately)
    it'd be great to hav a full blown honda team...

just my 2c

Honda own "80%" (not sure - open for correction) of the team now. They arent able to just say right we wanna make our own team now. If BAR hada been excluded its not like honda coulda said "Yeah cool no worries we are HONDA now" and rejoined the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by nEUROtic
    Honda own "80%" (not sure - open for correction) of the team now. They arent able to just say right we wanna make our own team now. If BAR hada been excluded its not like honda coulda said "Yeah cool no worries we are HONDA now" and rejoined the championship.
    no no.. i dun think its 80% just yet...
    they owne something like 45% ... well somewhere around that mark annyway...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    Even if Honda were to buy out BATs 55% (Yes Honda owns 45% at the moment) ... although the team would be badged Honda, the employees would more than likely still be the same “cheating” BAR employees.
    Note my sarcasm here – whether they are actually cheats or not is irrelevant, they will from now on in be known as the “cheating team”.
    You should hear what people on the F1 forums are saying … effectively now BAR = Honda = Cheaters and all their previous accomplishments (ie. last years 2nd place in championship) are viewed as being the result of cheating (regardless of whether its true or not).
    As I said in my first post this whole episode has brought shame upon Honda and nothing can remove this now regardless of the truth.

thats so true...
    the accusations alone inflicted damage to Honda...
    its sucha shame...

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Yep mud sticks, and yes what you were saying about them being just HONDA, and keeping all staff would be the same. I doubt highly bernie would let that happen anyway, would kinda defeat the purpose of the punishment wouldnt it if they could just rebadge.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by nEUROtic

i didnt mean it in that way...
    i'm all for dishing out punishment when deserved and all that

my point (which i didnt emphasize properly, my bad...) was that if Honda had much more input, such as Toyota with their team. Then chances of something like this would be minimal if not non existant.

gimme JGTC or Super GT (i think its changed names...) over F1 anyday
    more exciting to watch, the rules make cars performance on a level playing field

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    News just in ... BAR-Honda are going cop the 2 race ban (and not take the matter to the civil courts as they were suggesting after the decision).

I'm shattered ... no BAR-Honda for 2 races ... and even after that their name is disgraced.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    would they still be allowed to test?

good point about not punishing jenson and sato too much cause chances are they might not of known, and an un-intentional mistake from the team, I think the current punishment is fair however, only way to learn
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

jensons just surrounded by ppl who make mistakes huh.. first managers taht cant read contracts properly to mechanics that cant read scales properly ... the guy cant get a break