Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DIY quad throttle body

Have you guys been to the site www.homemadeturbo.com ? go to the tech projects and click on HM-ITB, read the article on DIY quad throttle body, do you think this would be a hard project?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/

interesting. but u would really wanna know what ur doing to even attempt it
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    sounds hell of alot like an article that was in honda tuning mag, feb 05 issue...
    FFamily

very nice. I was planning to do something similar but for carbie

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yeah it sounds like a good project to do but you would have to know what you are doing, post pics if you attempt it....

Clarkey

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    if you have the tools and the skills it shouldnt prove to be too difficult, however if you do plan to do it, take heaps of pictures and make a list of the things you used and do a write up. let us know how you go. good luck.

biggest problems apparently with such a setup on normally single throttle bodied EFI setups is teh MAP sensor and throttle position etc etc....its all in the tuning !

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    sounds interesting, but u would need a decent workshop & the skills plus knowledge to pull it off.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    just looks plain easy to do.

If you had a friend who was handy with a welder you could get the intake done by somone who knows what they're doing... other than getting the intake cut to size it all looks VERY easy... I'd liek to know how well it went and how much power they gained though.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    doing the physical labor isn't that hard(I have a set of 954rr itbs waiting to go on my car, as soon as I get around to make an intake plenum for them to accept boost)... there is some math that goes into it. A lot of people don't design for a specific runner length and end up losing power. But that's easy to deal with. The hardest thing to do is the tuning. Due to the vacuum characteristics of itbs, using the stock map sensor to tune off of really isn't possible. The best option is to tune off of a map/tps hybrid map which uses map sensors for high vacuum and tps for high throttle/load times. You can tune off of just tps as well. Chrome(an obd1 tuning software) has a hybrid map option, as does the AEM EMS. To use something like hondata, you have to wire the signal from the tps sensor into the map, and tune off of entirely tps.

For my set up, I'll be using just map readings, but due to the turbo, and having positive pressure, it's not the same problems as tuning them on an N/A car

Just wondering about the Quad throttles, is it illegal in victoria to have them open/exposed without an air filter (even though its stupid to) on any NA car? I want to get that raw sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    Just wondering about the Quad throttles, is it illegal in victoria to have them open/exposed without an air filter (even though its stupid to) on any NA car? I want to get that raw sound.

you will get more than a raw sound, the cops and epa will hear you start your car up and putter it around from the other side of melbourne.