Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

D16Y4 to B16a conversion

I have a D16Y4 in my EK Civic i want a Vtec engine though
    or is there a way off working my D16 engine to put out the same power or more than a B16a?
    How much would I be looking at for a B16a engine + Conversion costs?

Clarkey

Member Array
    Car:
    96 civic vti coupe
    I was very close to doing this converison till i bought my ek4

the best price i got for drive in drive out with a b16a was about 6k

i recon you could do it for cheaper buying the engine and parts yourself but the hassle was just too much for me.

labour usually costs around 2k but everyone will say they can get it heaps cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Sweet thanks for the info...

So should I do the conversion or maybe even just drop a Turbocharger on the D16?

Clarkey

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    another option could be just to sell your car and buy a civic vti-r. just a thought, it wouls save you alot of trouble seeing as they already come standard with a b16a

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-VTEC
    another option could be just to sell your car and buy a civic vti-r. just a thought, it wouls save you alot of trouble seeing as they already come standard with a b16a
    I second that

Most ppl doing conversion’s do it into EG coze they never came out with such a powerful engine but love the EG shape

You already have the newer shape anyway

EG shape RULES !!!
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    i knew a guy spend like 10K on a d16y non vtec engine and ran much quicker then modded up vtir

Perry, are you talking about forced induction here?

Better off getting an EK4, you get the better brakes all around, better interior, B series engine, and vti-R suspension!

but if your planning to keep your car, I'd say go turbo. Due to the fact that your engine isnt a VTEC motor which will make it easier to turbo. I've met an owner with a stage one turbo kit on his D16, he's quite happy with it. Got it all fitted tuned for 8-9psi, $3500. Prices vary though

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Once again thanks for all this info, I dont want to sell my car as ive had a House of Kolor paint job and spent a lil to much on the car, I think I might go forced induction with a turbocharger, who know we will have to see what happens

Clarkey