Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey all,

I have a 95 VTi-R. Just wondering if anyone has changed the timing belt on their car themselves?

If so, how easy is it and any special tools required?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    lol u kinda have to take the whole engine out to do it

From the helms manual I have, it looks like a fair bit of work, but certainly not impossible for the average person. You really only have to support the engine from what I can tell while you remove one of the engine mounts plus a few of the belts.

bump!

Hey there! Just wondering if anyone has a step-by-step instructions or a DIY on how to change the timing belt. As you can see, my friend is planning to change the timing belt on his car with a honda timing belt kit over the weekend but reading this thread it seems that we're gonna be needing more people to do it. So I just thought having a guide or a DIY to replace the timing belt would make the job a lot easier and faster. Also we don't wanna make a mess and damage other parts while changing it. I'll appreciate anyone who is kindly enough to share us some instructions or a DIY with picture would be much better.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Wow, I think you may have the record for the oldest thread bump ever on Ozhonda!

surprised that there is not a how to already on here but a quick google search came up with this-

http://timingbelt.soben.com/

seems like a reasonably comprehensive guide
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Took me about 5hrs taking my time. Hardest part was getting the crank end bolt undone

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    here is a DIY
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...hlight=timming

however its shows the job done with the engine out of the car. doing it in the car is a bit more fiddly and time consuming.

this DIY is for SOHC however DOHC is not that different, just ensure you line up the cams corectly

get this wrong, it will cost u.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Talk about memories!, around exactly 5 yrs ago before i signed up in this forum i had to watch that video carefully for a day and with a help of an acura dc2 full service manual PDF and 3 people, took us from 6am-2pm.

This is a GREAT d.i.y (regards to ecu-man). when i look back, i didnt really care about how time consuming this job was. rating this from 1-10 (easiest-hardest) id say 3.5..... easy. Just be careful on the markings (Top dead centre marks on camshaft/crankshaft pulleys) & double check your job.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

And make sure there ABSOLUTLY NO slack in the belt. Dont want it to hop a tooth

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

It helps when you have a 3/4 drive rattle gun.

LMAO

I was dreading that crank bolt so much but I managed to borror my cousins 3/4 drive.

took 3 seconds and then came loose.

the right tools help a lot!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    how do those honda crankshaft pulley bolt remover thingos work?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.