out of these subs wat would u choose

hey im doing a ported set up in a 94-95 accord.

so far my personal sub of choice is a diamond d6 12'
    or a image dynamics IDQ15D2 V.2
    with a audison sr2s pushing the sub. i know the diamond can take the power but the idq says that its max is around 400rms. but im not sure which is the better sub. are image dynamics ratings quite conservitive like jl's are. ie they say 400-500 but show that they can be pushed to 1000.
    the box will be roughly 80 liters and tuned to 40 hz. when using winISD it predicts that the image will be louder but not by a large margain.

would it be wise to go with the diamon just out of safetys sake knowing it can handle it.

thanks
    chris

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    hrm i have a idq 15 and ive given it over 1000 @ 4ohm's and run it @ 600 all the time so the idq can do `1000 ezly hehe im trying 2 sell mine if ur interested looking for $450
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Tough call, they're both fantastic subs.

hey mojo, i would take u up on the offer but it would cost a heap on freight and just wouldnt be alll that much more to get 1 brand new from down the road. thanks for the offer tho.
    the thing that got me looking at the idq is that they have high spl for a sub that can go in such a resonable sized ported box. were a d6 15' i think needs nearly double.

hmm now i need to do more research

have u thought of other brands like pionner, fusion or MTX

just thought u could use some extra brands to look around

I'm not sure I would include brands like Pioneer and Fusion in the same class. Not that Pioneer are necessarily in the negative, just not quite the same as the following when it comes to strong, accurate subbass reproduction:

Image Dynamics
    www.imagedynamicsusa.com

RE Audio
    www.reaudio.com.au

Diamond Audio
    www.diamondaudio.com

Phoenix Gold
    www.phoenixgold.com

Digital Designs
    www.ddaudio.com

Boston Acoustics
    www.bostonacoustics.com

Vibe
    www.vibeaudio.com.au

Focal
    http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/index.htm

Crossfire
    www.crossfirecaraudio.com

Lotus
    www.seaslotus.com

Hertz
    www.hertzaudiovideo.com

Etc

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    nar fraight wodent be mode than $30
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

hahah cheers mojo but nah, dont have the money at this very sec

damn u fhrx since u gave me all those different brands now i'v gotta decide between 4 diff woofers now lol. depending on price and availability in perth.
    i listed them by my preference. i still think the image dynamics is probly my best bet atm.

focal utopia 38wx
    image dynamics idq15
    hertz es380
    hertz es300

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    As fhrx has said, and he knows his shit, both subs are very nice subs. From what I have heard, the utopia subs are very good, more sq orientated though. ID subs are also nice. I own a boston pro sub, and in a small box they are phenomenal. If you are after SPL, a DD sub would also be on the list. Pretty much comes down to what suits you mate, none of the options are bad ones. and whoever mentioned pioneer, fusion and mtx should be shot*not literally* .

Quote Originally Posted by urtwhistle
    depending on price and availability in perth.
    Availability isn't an issue for you champ. We send stuff around Australia every single day and we offer OHF members discounts too so you're right there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EG Hatch B16A2
    they both real good