Cool turbo'in me lude

hi all, ive got a 89 prelude which i have installed a T4 on. it pulled pretty hard since i got it but the turbo really brought it alive. but then about 2 weeks ago it started making a hissing noise (not like the blow valve) but the noise came from the plumbing and it also lost lots of power.

i thought it was the external wastegte venting so i turned up the boost, i just thought the turbo was past its 'wearing in' stage like a subby has to. anyways my turbo worked fine for like 2 trips round the block but then lost all power and i heard a loud noise in the exhaust for some reason..

anyone know what happened? do i need a bigger turbo? or do i need to wind the boost up some more cause of the wearing in affect?

any advice would be much appreciated and big ups to all my fellow 'luders

I think the "winding up" of the boost has blown some seals in your motor man.....

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Have you got a boost gauge? Is your turbo still making boost?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    check the intake piping for a boost leak..

hey guys, thanx for the advice

i did what you said but couldnt find any prbs so i took it to my mechanic and i got some bad news...

the exhaust turbine snapped and went travelling all the way down my tail pipe... which means ive got wrecket cat and am in the need for new turbo...

well i guess the T4 was due for an upgrade anyways... any suggestions? i really like the pull from a big turbo. a once saw a civic with a t88 (it was in japan) apparantly the thing was just silly but a lot of fun... was thinking of doing the same as i can get a t88 cheap... but i might have to build the eng to rev very high...

any suggestions? cheers guys

WTF??? a T88??? hahahaha!!! You wont even spool that thing in 4th gear!!

Dont bother with that, just get a t3/4 or a GT30/40 or something. Will be pleanty big enough for street driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    GT series dude.. GT35 +
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    T88? You are joking right? Don't mean to hijack, but does that mean your car was technically running NA (sorry im a turbo n00b hehe)?

well initially you could have checked if the bov was leaking... but its too late now i guess haha

t88? nah i don't think your car is a stroked gtr haha, go for something which is smaller

when problems arise, don't turn up the boost.... more boost usually causes more problems hahaha
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    go a GT35+ whats your internals like any damage?

Post us some pics...

Clarkey