Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Just have a basic question, can anyone heal and toe properly in the TypeR Integra DC2/DC5? I cant do it because the gas pedal is about 1-2 inches further down then the brake. Just seems like I need shoes that have a 4 inch heal in them LOL And ive driven heaps of other cars and all of the pedals are in line, but the TypeR gas pedal is heaps down then the others.

you could get aftermarket pedals and fit them closer together so you can do it .... its possible tho, as seen in videos :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    I've also had that problem in my DC2.... GSi........ can't seem to reach the accelerator when i'm trying to give it a blip or muck around... and when i DO manage to blip the gas, it means i've stomped pretty hard on the brake, and i feel like a mongo... lol....
    You could do what Ray said and just buy aftermarket pedals to fit on top... i'm not quite sure how reliable they are though....

Banned Array
    Apexi: yeah I got heaps of best motoring clips and they do it easily and dosent seem the gas pedal is so far down as in mine.
    Anyway, thanx.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    yes i can heal and toe.

Banned Array
    dc2r: is your gas pedal like mine, about 2 inches further down then the brake? i assume it would be.

I have a DC5r and the accelarator is about and inch below the brake, and yes i can heel and toe..

If u think about it, having the accelarator pedal below the brake would be easier for h&t. As u press the brake pedal to slow down, the brake pedal will be closer to the line of the accelarator pedal thus making easier to reach accelarator with the heel of your foot...

i think having the pedals all inline would be harder to h&t..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I agree with Xenon... also because if you apply the same pressure to the brake and the gas pedal at the same time, then the brakes will be too strong, so the gas being lower is better. You only really need a bit of gas to heal toe anyway. It's called practice. Get used to your pedals and practice.

Double shuffle ? watever it is called...i have big enuff feet ( size 13) to be on the brake and clutch and accelerator effectively while down shifting in my lil Si...good for OP

But yes- it takes muhc practice...to learn the friction point sof various clutches etc etc.

Banned Array
    Ive been trying really hard to do it but I cant. My foots too big, my foot arch has to be in the middle of the brake to even just press the gas with my heal. And my toe is god knows were. Even tryed not driving just with my foot and no shoes or anything, still cant do it and wouldnt be able to do it.
    "Curse these big feet"!!!

my cousin has dc5r JAP88R =P
    andi think heal toe is easier with his pedals than mine .

but still can do with dc2r
    requires a little bit more twisting action
    hehe

Banned Array
    Yeah, its not so much the twisting part. Just that when i drive normaly i would have my heal on the ground and about 30% of my foot on the gas, and brake the same, but for me to heal and toe I need to quikly slide my foot up and acros to the left, so my heal can fit onto the gas without hitting the right panel or getting stuck, then to slide the foot back down, I mean the Japs do it easily and is very simple and i can just do it in the CRV but thats a bigger car. I would need those racing shoes to have a chance at doing heal and toe but whats the point