Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord VTi
    Mongoose M60 series here. Paid $260 and watched (er.. helped) a mate put it in.

I am finding the shock sensor very sensitive, and possibly dependant on temperatue? During the day it seems to be adjusted perfectly, but often loud cars / bikes / sound systems set it off at night.

Apart from that, it has all the features, and is reputed to be a nice alarm. Insurance approved (or so I was told), which is apparently useful.

I've got a Black Widow in my civic and I would definitely recomend them.

Its got 2 stage shock sensor, doors/bonnet/hatch, 3 point imobiliser, ultrasonic sensors for the interior (senses glass breakage/anyone trying to force one of the doors/windows), all black wiring. Its very sensitive, shits itself everytime a stiff breeze blows past or I lock a fly inside..

Was a bit pricey when it was installed (bout 2 1/2 yrs ago), bout $350 I think but well worth it.
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    it depends which model you're getting, 2pt imm are like $200-350 or so and the 3pt immobilisers are like $450+. My opinion is the rhino, there is one where when your alarm goes off it msgs you and you can immobilise your car with a message.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    any one got that type of Rhino alarm which it will sms u and callin u when it goes off..

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    yeh pas, ive got a mongoose alarm system in mine as well, function wise awesome!
    got it from the lifestyle store as well.
    unfortunately, their install was less than impressive, had a few issues with the way they did my wiring etc, and the SRS light of all things!!!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by HRV-80Y
    hey guyz just curious what brand you guys prefer for a car alarm...

rhino or mongoose...?

i'm undecided...

and also if anyone knows a place that installs alarm for a reasonable price and quality install...
    regardless which brand you go with, thats not the first question you should be asking yourself or lets say the stores or members alike on forums.

what you should be asking is, who is security licensed as it is required by LAW that any security install be licensed, i know this for a fact as i got a few good friends who install home and car alarms and they are all licensed.

the old story that the store only needs a masters is total bullsh!t !!! each and every installer fitting anything to do with security MUST be licensed to install alarms whether being car or home. if they're not, walk away...

now is mongoose or rhino still your question?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Throw em all off, get a Cilfford alarm from DEI! They'll go crazy with that wire harness! But damn I love installing them!

hey mate, i used to install car alarms, to be honest, i wouldnt go for an alarm someone or everyone has, jus the fact that once u learn how to install one alarm few times then ull memorise the rest all the same thing, even if you have black wireing.
    cause all u gotta do is crack open the case and see which wires soilderd where, and u got the wires ur looking for.
    my best advice i can give you is get an alarm that no one else has.
    cheap good alarms are way to go, mines proven that its pretty reliable, no false alarms so far:P
    but hey up to you at the end of the day.

Member Array
    I don't know about there, but here it has been proven that 90% of car thieves pass a car if they see the little flashing light. We did installs of a unit that started to flash a light the moment the ignition was turned off, cost: $29.99USD, install $20USD… Savings: A lot!

Member Array
    Car:
    NM35 Stagea
    Quote Originally Posted by fongyfong
    hey i was gonna get rhino, but decided not to i heard there shiet so id say go mongoose, but theres this guy selling rhino car alarms on ebay for pretty cheap and installing he charges 150 bucks in parra sydney
    apprantly they are well known for problem by NRMA, everythimg you ring them up on alarm problem, the first question they ask is, " is it a Rhino?". I myself had cal up NRMA on 3 occations which my remote will not disarm the car, nuthin wrong with the battery but most often the alram confused it self.

Not saying it's bad, i mean if i'm having trouble unlocking mine, it will be harder for thieves to unlock it right? anyways it's down to what your comfortable with
    Why VTEC when you have Turbo?

*BUMP* for info....

what are peoples thoughts up-to-date on mongoose alarms etc ?
    What are the features ? Most alarsm have immobiliser etc ?
    AND ofcourse what are "insurance friendly" ?

And can someone reccommend a good place in Sydney that is fully warranted and not....dodgy ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    i would perfer the mongoose...
    it better than rhino...
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!