Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Accord 5th Gen HID upgrade *w/pic*

Just received a set of HID H4 7500k for my baby. The installation was very easy, no drilling or any funning stuff involved. The hardest part was probably looking for the right spot to install the ballast, everything else were plug and play. The most important tool needed was a cheapo circuit tester or a simple flash lightbulb and two wires.

Note that I've wrapped the rear of the headlight housing temporarily with aluminium foil because the little plastic weather shields that came with the package was designed for late model cars which have a proper hard plastic rear cover, versus this soft plastic ring the 5th gen came with. Still thinking of a better way to shield it.

Last edited by narcoleptic; 16-05-2005 at 04:53 PM.

This picture was taken in my garage with a 40w lightbulb 2500k; you can compare the difference with 7500k HID.
    Last edited by narcoleptic; 16-05-2005 at 04:54 PM.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    the foil is just dodgy .. lol ....

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    LOL foil.. big no no... why is there in the first place?? safety precautions or cooking damper?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    yeah whats the foil for? i dun think you need them

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    the foil is metalic and a conductor, replace it with something that is non conductive. god forbid, but if you have something go wrong the foil will short straight to ground and at best blow a fuse, at worst start a fire...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    Good to see you kept the 5th gen marty, looks good matebut change the foil over!!!! lol

The foil was there because I plan to cook some stakes while in the bush and didn't want dirty the headcover.... 3k rpm raw, 6k = well done

REALLY, it was there because the plastic guards have gone missing; air, dirt and water, all kinds of craps could now get into the used-to-be airbox area. Since I've just moved further into the bush to Portarlington from Geelong, the nearest little town is 10 kms away havn't found anything better to replace the foils :P

What should I use as a weather shield instead, any suggestions guys?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by narcoleptic
    The foil was there because I plan to cook some stakes while in the bush and didn't want dirty the headcover.... 3k rpm raw, 6k = well done

REALLY, it was there because the plastic guards have gone missing; air, dirt and water, all kinds of craps could now get into the used-to-be airbox area. Since I've just moved further into the bush to Portarlington from Geelong, the nearest little town is 10 kms away havn't found anything better to replace the foils :P

What should I use as a weather shield instead, any suggestions guys?
    well i guess at least sth made frmo plastic...

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    gladwrap, paper, anything but foil really. The thing to think about is that the voltage at the lights is something in the order of 10,000 volts (thats what the ballasts are for). Even a sock or rag would be better than the foil...

Other than that, looks good! I'd be interested to see what the night time photos look like!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    how big is the difference in light?

i m planning to go for mine too.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Micro Pro. Is that the brand Martin?
    /waits for night pics.