Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    7500k... the difference is, ... very different.
    The background is lit by a 40w bulb, roughly around 3000k makes it easier to compare.
    I think this is a practical rice

Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Micro Pro. Is that the brand Martin?
    /waits for night pics.

It is a generic brand, using Micro Pro ballast. I ordered it through a mate of mine who's also a members here. I think the brand is Lucent... not something very popular... as long as it works.

no offence man the install looked alittle rough.

if i were u i would spend some time changeing mounting points for the ballast for HID and using foil WTf so backyard. Apart from that the light output from the 75000k hid is good. how much u paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vtec_inside
    no offence man the install looked alittle rough.

if i were u i would spend some time changeing mounting points for the ballast for HID and using foil WTf so backyard. Apart from that the light output from the 75000k hid is good. how much u paid for it?
    hahaha, not offended at all, not at all. Cos it is a back yard job lol. In regards of the mounting point; I don't really have time to take out the bumper or the 1/4 panel to do a perfect job. The package came with the screws that fit nicely on certain spots... besides, I think I'll be getting Euro soon, so I can take'em out easier :P
    Last edited by narcoleptic; 16-05-2005 at 11:13 AM.

rip out your resonator, your cone doesn't have anywhere to draw from.

Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    rip out your resonator, your cone doesn't have anywhere to draw from.
    Thanx for your advice; I put a cone there because the OE airbox was damaged in an accident... and considering I could get 1000km out of a tank in my recent trip, I'd just leave it as it is for now. If it ain't broken, don't fix it hoho

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Mate once again no offence intended, but that is possibly the dodgiest HID install I've ever seen.

I hope to god your ballasts aren't some dodgy Taiwan/Chinese made items, and hope they're waterproof.....

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Mate once again no offence intended, but that is possibly the dodgiest HID install I've ever seen.

I hope to god your ballasts aren't some dodgy Taiwan/Chinese made items, and hope they're waterproof.....
    Are there such thing as waterproof ballast?

And no offense too, if products made in Taiwan/China are dodgy; I guess over half of the population in the world are using dodgy products then I don't minda be dodgy if half of the world is with me.
    Last edited by narcoleptic; 16-05-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    LOL.. It's my opinion that most dodgy HID kits and components come from those countries. I would only ever use German/Japanese HIDs.

I certainly don't apply that generalisation to EVERYTHING made in Taiwan or China, because that would be highly naive.

AFAIK, alot of good quality ballasts are splash/water proof.

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    LOL.. It's my opinion that most dodgy HID kits and components come from those countries. I would only ever use German/Japanese HIDs.

I certainly don't apply that generalisation to EVERYTHING made in Taiwan or China, because that would be highly naive.

AFAIK, alot of good quality ballasts are splash/water proof.

Another friend of mine who purchased the same kit just over a year ago on his Civic, and surprising it is still working both the ballasts and bulbs I hope it is not a matter of luck then

Anyways, I wouldn't want to splash water on the ballasts to find out if it is water proof; besides, if there's water getting into engine bay where the headlight housings are, I guess there must be some serious problems with the panels then.. like a 3 inch hole somewhere

yea loose the foil mate.. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    I have to ask, what is HID? what makes it so different to regular headlights?