Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_
    I have to ask, what is HID? what makes it so different to regular headlights?
    HIDs are High Intensity Discharge lights, also referred to as Xeon lights. They are generally pumping out a much brighter light than normal ones.

I went from my Euro Lux to a friend's Bora V6 one night, and whilst I enjoyed the fanging that with the much better torque and power (his is MT as well) plus also a very sweet 4wd chassies, my HIDs were like night and day better than his.

The real difference at night time is not having to strain your eyes to see stuff - especially when in a dark street with lights up ahead that sort of fool your eye into not calibrating properly.

Does the 5th Gen use reflector style lights?
    If so, any problems with blinding oncoming traffic with the HIDs installed? :P

Yes, it uses reflector style, the glare is especially worse with JDM head lights with clear cover in the front, verses the AUDM headlights, with patterns in the front diverting the beam.

You'd really need to adjust your lights a little after installation. I know mine is bad cos the heights of my front and rear are not balance... The rear is lower then the front..

Hey, you have a Euro anyways, what do you care? hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    well imma buying some soon then
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 accord h22a
    Man were did you get your front strut bar from,ive been chasing one but no luck.thanxs

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Legend KA9
    could we see a picture of your cutoff please? what kind of beam pattern are you getting after the HIDs? and i bet there is ALOT of glare right?