Thread: Strut bar

Smile Strut bar

I was wondering, I want to get a strut bar and lower tie bars . Are these going to provide a noticeable difference, or are they ornamental? They look pretty standard nothing special, aluminum bar and premium steel brackets. They are for an EK1 if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 15-05-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 07
    I had a strut bar for my EK1...
    I've sold it now..

From my experience.. not huge difference, but it is noticeable

Best thing to do is. Install the gear, drive for about 2-3 weeks and then take it off and then drive for another 2-3 weeks and see if u can tell the differnce when u put it back on.

I tried this. First time I put it on I felt it straight away..

for our FWD hondas - best to get a rear strut bar , lower tiebar AND a rear larger lower swaybar for the greatest difference in handling

I didnt want to put a rear strut bar cos i wanted boot space, but i will be putting ina rear sway bar when i get the money

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    i put a 18mm whiteline rear sway bar in my EK1... results weren't largely obvious, but you do feel it when you take corners harder!

btw- would you recommend adjustable camber on front or rear wheels guys?
    FFamily

Chassis strengthening makes a huge difference on a race car. Won't be so noticable on a street car.

yeah like Macros said, is not going to make huge difference on the road.
    but you can feel all the bumps on the road more lol.