Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V Limited Ed

Accord Euro Problems

Hi All,
    wondering whether anyone is experiencing a problem that when the rear dimister is turned on while listening to the radio, the reception is crap. Turn the rear dimister off and radio reception is back to normal.

Also, the boot release above the rear number plate, does not seem to work. I have tried the combinations with the lock and unlock position at the driver feet, but I still cannot release the boot in either position. The key remote boot release works fine.

Another, while driving at night, when the air conditioning compressor comes on you can notice the headlights dim. Like there is not enough power going to them. Has anyone else noticed this?

A high pitched squeel / rattle occurs in the dash while going over rough roads. Seems to be comming from the passengers footwell towards the right behind the dash. Anyone have this.

Still have rattles in both driver and passenger doors. Done 6500kms.

Any feedback welcome.
    Cheers
    Clay

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by cassius
    Also, the boot release above the rear number plate, does not seem to work. I have tried the combinations with the lock and unlock position at the driver feet, but I still cannot release the boot in either position. The key remote boot release works fine.
    Perhaps you have fiddled with the little on/off switch located within the boot.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Reception: Could be that the current through the demister is interfering with the antenna reception which is also located in the read windscreen.

Boot: As what exISeuro said. There is a switch that disables the number plate boot release. My dealer disabled it because of safety reasons and told me about it. It's on the inside of the boot lid, a little switch. It's slightly to the right of the number plate.

Lights dimming: The battery is a bit puny. If you don't like the dimming, you can get those "racing condensers" which have grounding wires and a capacitor box, or get a higher rated battery, such as Optima.

Squeal: Not sure if it is the same as mine, but mine started with a metal tapping sound, and now it is a creak sound. I suspect it is a misaligned weld in the rear chassis. Supposed to go for service soon, so I'll let the dealer know about this and I'll post a new thread about what they will say.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro

Smile

I have had the rattle in the doors/windows also. Checked the other forums and found that if you spray the rubbers around the windows with silicone spray it will settle. Worked a treat for me no more rattles from doors.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    its normal for the head lights to dim
    I dont like it either but I can live with it, some peeps here recon an earth kit solves the problem

also check that switch in the boot that exSieuro mentioned above
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 16-05-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V Limited Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by exISeuro
    Perhaps you have fiddled with the little on/off switch located within the boot.
    didnt even know tha a small switch existed. Will check it out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Sure did check it out, was the first thing I did before I posted. Its a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Reception: Could be that the current through the demister is interfering with the antenna reception which is also located in the read windscreen.
    I drive a BAXR6Turbo and the aerial is in the back windscreen as well. I do not experience any interferance when the dimester and radio is on. I was wanting to check if this fault occurs with anyone elese euro.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Lights dimming: The battery is a bit puny. If you don't like the dimming, you can get those "racing condensers" which have grounding wires and a capacitor box, or get a higher rated battery, such as Optima.
    Shouldnt this be covered by warranty. All cars taht I have owned have never done this. Whether its normal or not I dont think it should happen. Its not a major problem but I think its one that should be resolved.

I thank you all for your responses and again, this forum remains a great place to gather knowledge from other Euro Owners.

Cheers
    Clay

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraclis
    I have had the rattle in the doors/windows also. Checked the other forums and found that if you spray the rubbers around the windows with silicone spray it will settle. Worked a treat for me no more rattles from doors.

I had same problem too, Highway Honda blammed the window tinting people. and re-fitted the door penals numerous times, eventually fit self adhesive foams in between penals, but couldn;t elminate all rattle noise. I changed to
    Austral Honda for my 30000km service, told them the problem, and what Highway Honda had done previously, Austral Honda put some silicone spray on window's rubber seal, and it's been good ever since. now my euro has clocked over 35000km. so------- try the silicone spray. it also protects tubber seals too.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    With regards to your electrical problems, could possibly be a poor ground/earth, go around all the grounding points and tighten all the bolts and check they're clean (and battery terminals).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V Limited Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKek
    With regards to your electrical problems, could possibly be a poor ground/earth, go around all the grounding points and tighten all the bolts and check they're clean (and battery terminals).

cheers...will do so this weekend. I will also try and spot this small switch near the rear tailinght to fix this boot problem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04 (TSX!!)
    I have also noticed the light dimming thing and asked a service centre - apparently it is a common occurence with the Euro, the lights actually dim when the radiator fan/ac cuts in.....

Why? who knows maybe just bad electrical design. They come back to full power after like half a second anyway, so not really a big issue i think...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V Limited Ed
    Ppl, I must be going blind. I cannot locate this little so called switch to enable the manual boot release button. I have checked inside the boot lid, taken the grey carpet away from the boot lid to find this swicth but had no luck. Might leave it to the dealer.

The battery thing is not a biggy, but its annoying.

Also does anybody else get that interference when the rear dimister is on with or without the motor running?

Thanks Ppl