Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ngk normal plugs like $3.5 each from repco. Honda are easy to change just change plug every 40000km. feel a little more responsive.

don't waste money on iridium. Unless u own a wrx or ej 20, that a differnt story.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Rover Vitesse
    I agree about the Champion Plugs they are "SNOT" i paid 17 clams for a set of 4 for my 1.6ltr and tossed them after about two weeks cause the plugs had fouled something shocking(electrodes broke down NEVER LOOK AT THEM GAIN! CHAMPION = LOSSER).

Went to local parts dude and got NGK-BCPR6EY-11 ( paid 2.50 a plug)car ran sweet once i reset the ECU.
    The main part is the -11 number refers to the electrode point which has a V in it, that produces a wider spark in the combustion chamber which inturn ignites the fuel better.

Also the Iridium plugs were around 22 clams when i purchased my new NGK's and friends who do a lot of driving swear by them, in respect to the 100K, slight extra performance and fuel economy, not that any of the rev-heads on here would be concerned about fuel economy :-).

About leads which I thought of changing aswell, but first rang the Honda dealer for a price for OEM's, which he gave me then said why do you want to change them, as for all of my model engine's they had never, and he did stress never, replaced the original leads for my model car yet( they have been on for over 15 years)
    The only honda leads that do need replacing was mainly on Legends around every 10 years give or take.

Also if you still are concerned about the leads get them tested

hope this has helped.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    if you get the NGK, TRY and find the BKR6EN-11 the N means it uses a slightly larger electrode. They used to make them in the BKR7EN-11 but now only in the 6 (the first number is the temp rating) 6 being hotter running plug.

do u mean '6 being hotter running plug' as in smaller number better?

anyone knows which is better?

NGK
    BKR5EIX-11 or BKR6EIX-11 ??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    i got iridium plugs from NGK for a b16A and i was quoted 50,000KM before i neeed replacement?

are u guys just overly pedantic for replacing every 10,000KM or is this actually necesary?

yeah champion arent that grat.. pls try and stay away from them u'll end up with little annoying problems..
    i've heard somewhere denso was made by ngk..?
    also denso stuff is quality
    to change the spark plug gap.. u gotta get a wire feeler gauge for it.. it's got little loops of wire each with different sizes.. 0.86mm 0.89mm etc etc..
    and u pass these thru the spark plug tip it should be able to slide in with minimal obstruction..
    it's got a little tab u can use to open the gap up a bit wider as well..

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    BKR6EN-11 - Highly recommended, affordable and performs well for everyday driving

BKR7EN-11 - Next on the heat range (colder) use for high speed driving i.e possibly racing...

The Iridiums perform well too, just much more dearer... I like the idea of having fresh new plugs each service plus the coppers are so much more cheaper...

As for the gap they are pre-gapped 1.1mm (hence 11)

FYI
    Formerlly modproject

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    how bout NGK iridium BKR5EIX-11 ... anyone knows?

as the diagram shown.. BKR 5 EIX-11 the number smaller = hotter. bigger = colder. is hotter better or colder better?

thanks
    Last edited by STTICH; 04-06-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    I used NGK Id before. I am using OWS spark plug now. I feel OWS a bit better than NGK Id.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    how bout NGK iridium BKR5EIX-11 ... anyone knows?

as the diagram shown.. BKR 5 EIX-11 the number smaller = hotter. bigger = colder. is hotter better or colder better?

thanks
    Here is a illustration from NGK

Finding the right heat range for the right application...
    One of the primary purposes of the spark plug is to remove heat from the combustion chamber, it does so by transferring that heat to the engine head.

You dont want the plug too cold otherwise the the carbon deposits will remain and wont burn off over time and will foul the plug....

You dont want a plug too hot otherwise pre-ignition of fuel causing detonation

So the aim is to find the balance

For more reading information go here
    http://www.ngk.com/faqmain.asp

And for those with S2000's

I recommend using the NGK V-Power R5672A-8 (8's)
    Last edited by Bowzer; 05-06-2005 at 02:28 AM.
    Formerlly modproject

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    for Accord

Your Vehicle:
    1994 - on Honda Accord 2.2L E.F.I F22B1, F22B3

Spark Plug Part No. Plug Gap
    Recommended Plug ZFR5F-11 1.1
    Iridium Option ZFR5FIX-11 1.1

i would prefer NGK Iridium plugs and replace them on every 40,000 Kms. for me thats 2 years. not bad to spend $80 on spark plugs after every 2 years.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I've used BERU spark plugs before, goes for like 11 dollars each and have no issues with them..
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    from where did you buy them?

are they UltraX?