Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX

Installing back seats in a CRX.

Hey,

I know it probabaly sounds stupid, since most people are usually trying to remove back seats, but I was wondering if its possible to install back seats in the rear of an '88 CRX. I know some CRX's came out with back seats, if I could get a back seat from one somehow is there any way i can install it plus install seatbelts?

thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    Yes you sure can, it sure won't be legal though!

Member Array
    Car:
    89 ef8
    with my ef8, after compliancing was all done, i was allowed to keep the back seats, but needed a sticker in my car which reads:

'WARNING: only individuals weighing under 37kgs and have a seated height of less than 700mm may occupy these seats'

....so its legal for me to have em..... and although i dont THINK its legal to have anyone sitting in em (its only a 'warning'), i really doubt every cop around is gonna know that ef8s with rear seats have these restrictions..... at least i hope not.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    dude u really dont want the seats!!
    the only ppl that could fit comfortably are todlers, there is next to NO ROOM man.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

as loz said ^^^

plus the rear doesnt leave much physical space in case of an accident, so anybody in back would be squashed if the car got rear-ended

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    Can’t say I would recommend installing a rear seat, kind of defeats the purpose of a CRX!

Quote Originally Posted by CRX Article
    The CRX would have lost some of its appeal if it was made to seat four. Do you want passenger-carrying ability? Hey, go buy an HT Kingswood. As stylish as the ‘Kingy’ maybe to some, it could never be a CRX (and neither could most other Japanese coupes either). It’s one of a kind and it’s a Honda – hence the cult worship. Amen.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 ef8
    yea, true to all of the above...... BUT...... its always good to have options

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    Yeah.
    I just love that quote!

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    the rear of the crx is its mass crumble zone ... I've seen some crx wrecks that have had rear end damage ... and the rear seats are flattened against the front seats... so could imagine what a rear passenger would end up like.

the crx really isnt designed for more then 2 people and it does not benefit having more passengers ... as most cars dont.

plus if your crx didnt come equiped with rear seats, you will need to change all rear plastics and do some extra welding in the chassis to make up the seat lock mounts etc. so a bit of a hastle really.