Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic

just bought my turbo

as some of the boys now im busy building a hi comp turbo b18. well fellas i just bought the turbo is a GT30 imported from the USA

Last edited by jimmeh; 18-05-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    you say your building a high comp b18, but you bought a turbo????

anyway how much the turbo set you back, landed?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    Erm just speaking from my person experience turbocharging my integra, high comp aint good 4 turbo's mate. Wat comp r u talking? Because the higher the comp the more backwards ya car is going 2 go.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    im gonna be running 11.5 CR. im building the motor to squash all the myths that turbos dont like high compression. the bottom end is gonna be built with JE pistons and eagle rods all sourced from US. cos it cheaper. the turbo cost 1800 landed.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    what will that prove? so you build a high compression turbo engine but what satisfaction will that give you? if you simply lower the compression of the motor you will be able to run more boost=more power, higher compression=less boost= less power, from a turbo perspective anyway. thats how i see it.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    im gonna be running 11.5 CR. im building the motor to squash all the myths that turbos dont like high compression. the bottom end is gonna be built with JE pistons and eagle rods all sourced from US. cos it cheaper. the turbo cost 1800 landed.
    best of luck... there are a few guys out here running high comp set ups(although with much smaller turbos)... are you sleeving the block or anything? are you running custom pistons, or just the standard high comp je pistons(the turbo and n/a pistons are made of different materials depending on the conditions they will see). Anyway, best of luck, high comp turbo set ups are awesome, just don't cut corners as you really have to do things right. They key is going to be getting a REALLY good tune on the ecu. Be sure to keep your final timing more retarded than normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    Good luck jimmy! i wanna see this being accomplished too.
    Keep us informed with the progress!!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    also just a question about the pistons you plan to use, isnt there a difference between the pistons you would use to raise your compression compared to those used to lower compression for a turbo setup? if there is a difference im sure the high compression pistons werent designed for boost appliactions.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Mr-VTEC have u ever seen a high comp turbo. do some searching on honda-tech

SAXMAN- i totally agree. the tuning is gonna be a very important. i will prolly have dyno dave hook that up for me when the time is right cos i heard only good things about him. unless u can recommend someone

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    nup never seen it before, what are the benifits?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-VTEC
    isnt there a difference between the pistons you would use to raise your compression compared to those used to lower compression for a turbo setup? if there is a difference im sure the high compression pistons werent designed for boost appliactions.
    yes and no... stuff like the generic off the shelf pistons usually come in a lower comp turbo pistons and a higher comp n/a piston, and in that case, they are made from different materials. You can, however, get high comp turbo pistons, they just aren't all that common. If/when I build up the internals of my engine, I'll probably bump the comp ratio up a bit, but to something around 10:1 at the highest(up from 9.2:1 as stock in the d16z6)

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    we doin this cos we seen a hi comp b18 go. so we gonna set it up similar to that.
    KK24AA