Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury

[EURO] Thoughts on Suspension

Heyya all

I did a quick search and didnt find anything re this specific situation:

Currently i have King Springs superlow springs all round with standard shocks.
    The back sits nice n low with a boot full of stereo gear and sound deadening.

Now as i said the front has superlows and still sits a little higher than i would like. Straight springs change cant help as the shocks are close to being on their bumpstops (going by what suspension shop said).

I have got a quote for koni coilover replacement setup for the front, that will drop it about another 25mm, which will have it looking about right.

At the end of day im not overlly fussed about handelling, as its fine at the moment, i just want that lower look. Im dont want adjustablity either.

Does anyone think there is any issues with running a koni coilover setup at the front with the superlow king springs and standard shocks on the back??

Thoughts??
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

im no expert but i can't see why that wouldn't work.

realistically tho it's never goin to be an ideal setup. you can get basic coilovers over from america for about 1400 including shipping and in aussy dollars. they are non dampening adjustable but full height adjustable.. maybe something like that is the go- that way you'll get the exact height you want front and rear and save yourself a lot of stuffing around in the long run

Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    these are getting fitted to the front on friday.
    It is a strut onto which the kings springs i currentl have will fit over.
    [EUROTIC]

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Remember to take BEFORE and AFTER photos.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    timbo, koni's are pretty reputable and reliable. like Chris_F said, i cant see why it wouldnt work. Good luck with it mate
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Yeah go for it Timbo...

It should work.. My car is stiffer at the front then the back.. 6 points at the front, 10points at the back.. (1 point is the stiffest from D2 all the way to 36 points which is the softest)...

Its all about experimenting...

U trying to make ur car like my car Timbo... Lowered on a angle

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    What do people have to say about these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
    adjustable coil overs for the euro delivered to Australia for about $200

Is this a bargain? or a case of 'you get what you pay for' (ie cheap and nasty)?
    I'm mainly after lowering so I'd be happy if handling was only same as standard.

Also would these fit OK with standard shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    they're coilover sleaves. not full coilovers. Even for coilover sleaves they're pretty cheap though. I'd spend the extra couple of hundred on the ground control ones or something. There is a thread around showing what happened to a cheap set of sleaves. the bit they sit on simply buckled.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    Ok, sleaves vs full coilovers? is the difference that the sleaves fit over standard shock and fit inside spring mounting and full coilovers have spring & shock together? excuse my ignorance here.
    had a look for the thread you mentioned, any more clues where I might find it?
    anyway, I think you answered my question - you get what you pay for.

Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    before

[EUROTIC]

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    my motto is : quality speaks for itself. dont fork out money for cheap imitations cuz chances are, its gonna cost you more to fix up the damage done by those mods u did to ur car rather than gettin a good quality one first straight up.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...