is that a BOV on your CAI ????????

lmao

looks like it

Hully

P.S. i'ma turbo n00b.. if ur gonna slander me (if i'm wrong) plz do it good

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    the design of the manifold is the biggest give away. The wastegate definetely looks like the ssac one, and the intercooler looks like the one that comes with it too..

and iceman, the bov is on the intercooler->intake manifold charge pipe, where you'll almost always find it.
    Last edited by saxman; 19-05-2005 at 07:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    damm nice man, i wana see this thing go once its finished

whos doing the work for u?
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    if what ur saying is tru saxman.... and from my research on these kits lately also... I'd give it few weeks max.. before something terrible goes wrong....

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    hehe, ssautocrome again.

although, the manifold does look good, and im sure will hold up for small boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    the ssac manifolds are very pretty... until they crack as a result of poor materials(way too thin), horrible welding, and improper support. Doesn't matter what kind of boost you're running through them, they still tend to fail... most common areas seem to be either the wastegate take off or the turbo flange itself.

Also, be sure to keep an eye on your boost pressure. SSAC is notorious for sending their wastegates with the wrong spring(I've heard of more people getting the wrong one than the right one). You may want to consider taking the wastegate apart and torquing everything down, as they also seem to come with loose bolts, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    fark dudes!!
    all this tech shit is spinnin me out a bit...
    im not the greatest with all this so bear with me!!
    dont flame me, educate me
    as far as i know, this is wats goin on...

*its not a turbo kit, everythin is pretty much custom
    *turbo is t3 garret
    *custom 3" exhaust mandrel bent
    *custom dump pipe mandrel bent
    *hybrid intercooler, cut to custom size
    *custom manifold, went through 2 of em b4 they decided to take out me air con (my choice)
    *microtech ecu, LT-8
    *custom fuel rail 8x 450cc injectors
    *metal head gasket still to come
    *forged pistons, cylinders still to come
    *BOV is in the pic above the pod
    *ext wastegate is near manifold

the mechanic is based up in newcastle NAI its called...im friends with him through another mate at work so yeh...
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by LO_N_SXC
    *BUMP* I have also been looking at getting my self a turbo kit but I have to same some more to get there, But in a second thought I might just work on the looks of my ride first? I have compared my mates 96 DC2 VTiR which I ran at Calder to a ET of 14.9 and the car only has baisc mods, now I remember reading that GSI-PSI rana 14.2 with the same engine as me but Turbo and I thought of this as not mutch of diference for $4500 that you would pay AVO (with all respect to GSI-PSI and AVO) But I dont feel confortable with spending that mutch for a minor gain compared to a All motor B18C, unless some one can correct me on this one? none the less I wouldn't mind going ahead with this only coz you don't get to see many DA's Turbo now days.
    But if I decide not to do so I will just spend some money on looks!

PS: qball let me know how ya go with the turbo convertion, I would be interested in the results and maybe the kit that your mechanic got for you!

sorry for the long post!
    ey bro, im payin a shit load more than 4500!
    try 10K
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    I would presume he's refering to the SS autochrome/xs power/stone mountain racing crap that's on ebay and cheap
    the shit is DEFINATELY not cheap and off ebay!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    10k... oh dear...... shouldve come down to SA....

How much u paying for install... or is it 10k in just materials

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    10k everythin - its through a mate so im gettin a lot of xtras that u wouldnt get with a 10k set up if say u went to advan etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    lol... maaate.. u couldve have 2 turbo kits installed for that price.. tellin ya now....