Thread: ek bumper

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi

ek bumper

as far as i know there are two types of front bumper on the ek civic

one (which i have) has a large single grill/vent in the centre
    the second type has the same large grill plus two smaller ones either side

what civics does that second bumper come off and would it fit my 97 ek1?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    As far as I know (and could be wrong), the ek civic only has two types of front bumpers (facelift and pre-facelift).

The pre-facelift bumper does not have the side vents and has two mouldings on either side under the headlights. The facelift model has the two vents and does not have the mouldings. The two bumpers are different shape so a pre-facelift bumper is not a direct fit onto a facelift car and vice-versa (you need to buy the bumper, headlights, grill and bonnet - I think that is right). You may be able to find an aftermarket company who makes a bumper that looks like the facelift model to fit onto the pre-facelift but I am just guessing.

I think that this is what you meant? Can you try to explain more clearly the two types of bumpers you are referring to? Or better yet do you have a photo?

Hope that helps.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

96-98 EK civics (or pre-facelift as Zdster refers to it) have the front bumper with one large grille/vent. Sedan and hatchback had the black mouldings under the headlights. Coupes didn't have any mouldings.

99-00 EK civics (facelifted) had the extra side vents and no mouldings. The front grille is also larger, and therefore the bonnet was different too. The headlights were a different shape to the 96-98 civics, and so the front guards differed slightly around the headlights. The front bumper is exactly the same on coupe/hatchback/sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    (you need to buy the bumper, headlights, grill and bonnet - I think that is right).
    Close - You'll also need to buy the guards.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    Also pre-facelift type r doesn't have mouldings. Best find a rear ended later model civic if you want the new look front

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    if u want the new front look... u need to change lights, bonnet and the bumper...and also shave the side panels as well...do a search mate... it was covered 2 days ago

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    Close - You'll also need to buy the guards.
    Almost got it right . I didn't realise that the guards are also different - interesting.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    thanx... starts to seem quite a bit of effort just for a pair of side vents hey
    its more for the cold air i would be able to get through those side vents than the look
    anyway thanx again