Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch

Grand Prix de Monaco 2005 - Discussion

Seperate thread for discussion about practice, qualifying and the race, no?

What's going to happen in this year's race? Who's going to win?
    Schumacher, Alonso, Trulli again?

How many cars will finish?

Something I'm going to be looking at is the lap times. I'll be comparing them to last year's. 'Cos if there's any track where the new tyre rule will slow the cars down, it's here at Monaco! I will be amazed if they can bang in 1:14:XX's or even low 1:15:XX's on tyres which have to last the entire race.

I dare say, I think the Renaults will be very hard to beat here. If they get the top row of the grid, they'll be hell to pass with their launches and drive out of the slow corners. And I'd say Kimi will post the fastest times of the race but constantly be caught behind people and have really bad luck from the fuel stops.

A LOT will depend on qualifying. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few costly mistakes during qualifying, 'cos everyone will be absolutely on the limit.

And look out whoever qualifies infront of Ralf. I reckon he's going to torpedo someone on the first lap.

That's what my crystal ball says. What does your's say?

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    I think the Renaults will hold the advantage at Monaco. Having said that I do not like Fisi or his driving. Alonso up the front, Kimi front row possibly too.I wouldn't mind seeing JPM haul some ass, pity button isnt in, he did so well here last year!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Yeah, Button was close wasn't he? 2nd just behind Trulli in the Renault I think.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Yep and was beating Alonso behind him I think it was?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    whats wrong with Fisi's driving, the guys damn fast (as evidenced by Melbourne and Barcelona, where he would have left Alonso far behind but for the damage). haha, then again, maybe i'm biased....

Times for Free 2:

1. 5 ALONSO Renault M 1'15"835 158.555 Km/h
    2. 35 WURZ McLaren Mercedes M 1'15"912 + 0'00"077
    3. 14 COULTHARD RedBull Cosworth M 1'16"184 + 0'00"349
    4. 6 FISICHELLA Renault M 1'16"519 + 0'00"684
    5. 10 MONTOYA McLaren Mercedes M 1'16"534 + 0'00"699
    6. 9 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 1'16"558 + 0'00"723
    7. 15 LIUZZI RedBull Cosworth M 1'16"640 + 0'00"805
    8. 12 MASSA Sauber Petronas M 1'16"914 + 0'01"079
    9. 17 R.SCHUMACHER Toyota M 1'16"989 + 0'01"154
    10. 38 ZONTA Toyota M 1'17"046 + 0'01"211
    11. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1'17"170 + 0'01"335
    12. 7 WEBBER Williams BMW M 1'17"422 + 0'01"587
    13. 16 TRULLI Toyota M 1'17"487 + 0'01"652
    14. 11 VILLENEUVE Sauber Petronas M 1'17"506 + 0'01"671
    15. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B 1'17"663 + 0'01"828
    16. 8 HEIDFELD Williams BMW M 1'17"667 + 0'01"832
    17. 37 KLIEN RedBull Cosworth M 1'18"815 + 0'02"980
    18. 39 DOORNBOS Jordan Toyota B 1'19"526 + 0'03"691
    19. 20 FRIESACHER Minardi Cosworth B 1'19"587 + 0'03"752
    20. 18 MONTEIRO Jordan Toyota B 1'20"284 + 0'04"449
    21. 19 KARTHIKEYAN Jordan Toyota B 1'21"879 + 0'06"044
    22. 21 ALBERS Minardi Cosworth B 1'22"162 + 0'06"327

Good work by Wurz i reckon, not having a race drive and all, he's done a lot of good for his career over the last few races, maybe get a race drive next season?

Schumacher's gonna have to pick up his game if he wants points in this one, like's been said, if the Renault's are on the first two rows you'll be hard pressed to get them, they are probably one of the few teams with a car that might be able to pass given their drive out of corners, maybe into the Swimming Pool chicane?

Anyways, I expect a podium for Fisi from this one (fingers crossed and touch wood )
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    Yep and was beating Alonso behind him I think it was?
    alonso crashed out last year whilst leading remeber, think it was caused by ralf of someone, wasnt really his fault... remember michael and juan last year crashing behind the saftey car lol in the tunnel...

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    montoya will have the win..thats if he gets front row
    its a hard pick between fisi an alonso! but if they have the front row. and get the best launch like always one of them will win for sure. its to hard 2 pass in monaco.
    who ever comes first in the first turn. has the chance of wininng.
    thats if there is no crash at the frist corner!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Well, the passing could be done in the pitstops if peeps are close enough.

Yeh, we agreed on a seperate thread for each GP and I think its a good idea.

After watching Eurosportnews for a few days and seeing interviews with Ross Brawn, Montoya, Kimi, Alonso, Fisichella and Schumacher.

I reckon McLaren 1-2 with Schumacher 3rd if everything plays out right in my book.

Renault will be good off the start, but Alonso will push too hard and either hit someone and break his suspension or just crash out and Fisichella will have terminal engine problems.

Crash will go to.......MARK WEBBER.
    I hate to say it.
    But after seeing him this year whenever someone is behind him he just doesn't consentrate on the car infront, instead he lives in his mirrors.
    Remember Bahrain?
    If that track had close walls like Monaco he would be seriously injuried.
    I can see a Red Bull or Sauber pushing hard behind him and him making a bad mistake.

Also think its going to either a great weekend or terrible weekend for Toyota.
    Not sure yet, see after Qualifying 1.

Anyone see these pictures?

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    WOOAAAAAHHHH!!! KIMI!!!
    1:13.6 That is incredible!

So he's now got 0.5s of a buffer to Alonso. He can now fuel himself up for the second run and as long as he stays on the front row, he can tail Alonso (who will probably beat him into turn 1) until he has to pit.

And Webber, great lap! 2nd row so far is a very impressive start! I wonder what they'll do with fuel for the 2nd qualifying session. You have to assume Fisi and Juan will get him in qualifying tomorrow. Fingers crossed he can hang on to it. Even if he hangs on to 3rd, Fisi will be straight past him in the drag to the 1st corner.

Ralfy, Ralfy, Ralfy. **shakes head** Well that's his race over already.
    I wonder what it feels like to slam into the wall at 150km/h.

Very exciting!
    Last edited by Vivski; 21-05-2005 at 10:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivski
    Something I'm going to be looking at is the lap times. I'll be comparing them to last year's. 'Cos if there's any track where the new tyre rule will slow the cars down, it's here at Monaco! I will be amazed if they can bang in 1:14:XX's or even low 1:15:XX's on tyres which have to last the entire race.
    Well, so much for that idea. Kimi just did a 1:13.6
    I can't believe they're faster, despite the new rubber and aero rules.

Member Array
    Car:
    nival
    Ok its not a technical post but all i wana say is that Monaco and Melbourne are by far the best tracks Oon the GP circuit. cant wait to watch it !!!