Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bowzer sorry hey we getting someone to do it here instead 2300 buck include everything. its alot cheaper if we got someone here to do it istead of u coming and paying for airfare and accom sorry hey

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Accord
    Hey I have just recently done the conversion into a 4th gen accord myself, I am located in brisbane if you need any ideas im no expert but it was a fairly straight forward swap. The wiring was not hard to do, i used the standard harnes and added the extra wires needed. I would be interested in hearing your progress.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord EXi
    I have a few questions bout the conversion as i'm looking to have one done to my early '95 accord. starters, my accord is already manual, but at the moment i can only find half cut's (h22a) in auto. would there be much hassle in converting the half cut to manual or would i have to find a whole new transmission altogether? also does would the engine bay have enough room in the future to turbo the engine after the conversion?
    Thanks for your time
    Travis

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Accord

h22 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Nervegas
    I have a few questions bout the conversion as i'm looking to have one done to my early '95 accord. starters, my accord is already manual, but at the moment i can only find half cut's (h22a) in auto. would there be much hassle in converting the half cut to manual or would i have to find a whole new transmission altogether? also does would the engine bay have enough room in the future to turbo the engine after the conversion?
    Thanks for your time
    Travis
    Hi Travis, you are lucky in the sence that your accord is already manual, that means you dont have to find the right sized drive shafts or shifter and stuff. It is a fair bit of stuffing around to change the auto to manual. you would be far better off if you find a manual front cut. I bought an auto front cut as my accord is auto, but recently sourced a manula gearbox and engine, but it is not in a front cut. The place where i got my front cut usually has manual front cuts in stock but they are moving warehouse and wont have any more for about 6 months because there new home isnt built yet. May I ask how much they are asking for the front cut? I paid $1900 for mine but they took the headlights and other exterior stuff, i then sold my old engine with a broken gearbox for $600. Another thing i found was that i had to buy a few things that wernt expected, like a new knock sensor that was broken ($273) so make sure that you have a bit more money spare befor you start.
    Anyway I hope that helps a bit, feel fre to ask anymore questions or elaberate on anything that ive already said.
    Ashley

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord EXi
    I was quoted about $2300 for the half cut, that was with all acc, ecu, electrical loom and so forth. I was looking to spend overall about $6000 for the project overall. Although i could probably turbo charge the car for this, i'd rather have the conversiondone first and later on down the track turbo it. would you mind if i ask who you bought your halfcut from, as i'd be more then happy to wait 6 months before they restock engines.
    Thanks for your time
    Travis

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    6000 to turbocharge + conversion? i think thats a little on the low side. the conversion itself will cost at least 3500+. turboing will be even more lolz

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    my conversion to h22a is 5500 bucks including half cut

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    yo join the club. i am almost finished my swap, i have a 5th gen (best honda) and i purchased a 94 prelude half cut. what you need before you buy the half cut is this; all accord engine mounts and prelude passenger side mount, prelude ECU and engine wiring harness, prelude throttle cable and bracket, prelude and accord P/S lines (assuming you would like to keep power steer) Prelude MAP sensor, brackets, vaccuum hose and evap canister and because you have auto you need the pedal box clutch and gear linkages also which is a bit more but expected when converting auto to manual. to swap in the H you need to mix and match parts, Accord alternator with the prelude bracket, accord CV shafts, Prelude belts inc; P/S belt, A/c & alter belt, new prelude coolant hoses. thats all i can think you will need atm.
    about the ECU and wiring Bowzer basically covered it, you will need the accord harness from the firewall to the ECU which will plug in but there are four sensors you will need to re'route they are; the VTEC pressure switch, the VTEC solenoid, Intake air bypass solenoid, and the knock sensor.

i hope this has helped although bowzer loox like hes got it down pat. its juz some friendly advice from 1 5th gen owner to another. Laters P.S post me some pics of yo akord

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    jspedaccord's got it covered although, you have to remeober to switch the o2 sensor wiring on the ecu, i cant remember what the locations are but i could look it up for you..( i did the conversion 18 months ago.)

you can also use the prelude intermediate shaft and drive shafts but be sure to change the outter c.v joints to accord ones as the prelude ones wont fit in the accord hub properly.

i used the accord carbon canister, every thing fit perfectly.

Last edited by h22a accord; 06-06-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    well guys just bought h22a front cut j spec accord came with me and we saw a cd6 accord that already has the h22a on it 2500 bucks it even has the climate control so i guess its just a straight swap and the rev meter is on 7.5 until it hits 8 rpm im so happy

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    sounds good. did you know that that engine is 190hp instead of the 200hp that are in the j-spec preludes.

ahh, sell me the tacho lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    u sure?? coz it says h22a instead of h22a1