Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    [10/06/05 - 22:53]

function openwindow(url,title,options) { window.open(url,title,options); }BMW - Sauber deal done?
    Reports suggest Sauber purchase

Big changes ahead for Sauber and BMW
    Reports, yet to be confirmed coming in from BBC Radio Five, suggest that BMW has now agreed terms to purchase the Swiss-based Sauber team for a rumoured $270m.

Neither BMW nor Sauber have yet to make any official announcement on any deal, stating that the two parties are in talks regarding a straight engine supply deal for 2006.

While details are sketchy until confirmation is made - or denied, the relationship between BMW and WilliamsF1 has been especially strained in recent months with Frank Williams going on record this week saying that he is unconcerned over engine supply as he has a deal with BMW for 2006 and even if that was to change for any reason, there are alternative options for the team.

Hopefully details of any such deal will be made public shortly.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

ahhh c'mon i want an answer from bmw or sauber! the suspence is killin me
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

lolz interesting article...

Finn light hearted in Montreal pit lane

(GMM) Believe it or not, stone-cold Kimi Raikkonen has a sense of humour.

The Montreal winner was asked by British F1 broadcaster ITV what single element about the sport he would like to see changed.

McLaren's 25-year-old, who crashed on the final tour to victory at the Nurburgring, twinkled: ''I'd make the European grand prix one lap less!''

Kimi Raikkonen might also have been joking when he answered 'neither' to ITV's quick question: 'Beer or wine?'

Also up for a giggle in Canada was Red Bull racer and veteran David Coulthard, whose speedy pitlane tactics cost him a podium at the Nurburgring.

A female pit reporter asked the 34-year-old if he'd been practicing his button technique.

''I've been imagining it's your nipples so I'm being a bit gentler when I take my finger off.''

The TV station said: ''We've had a couple of calls about it. It was an odd thing to say.''

Juan Pablo Montoya, though, apparently wasn't joking when he was asked about McLaren teammate Raikkonen's $5000 fine for being late in Montreal.

He said: ''I hate being late. And I hate people who are late.''

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    We all know Kimi has a sense of humour. He's got a really dry wit, I love it.

"I was telling them the steering was too much on the left, it wasn’t straight any more, and we were a bit worried but at least everything went well and nothing happened, like in the last race." When he said that, I swear I detected the most subtle of wry smiles.

And we all know JPM is a tool... no sense of humour. Remember his reaction to the quote in my sig?

LOL at Coulthard hahahahah what a champ!
    Had no idea about kimi having a joke lol, good on him.
    And yes, like I've said all along, Montoya just can't take a joke

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    haha, Montoya is a fool "You broke my Fukn Head".

Guy needs to lighten up like the others, he's being paid to drive cars for gods sake!
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

I LOVE MONTOYA!
    How could you hate him?
    He is theonly true person in F1 that says as he feels.

But DC, what a classic.
    Kimi, is just like any other Finn, can pull out a great line at any time!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    I don't hate him, i just reckon he's a fool, too serious.

I want to know what the reporters response to DC was haha.

I just think he needs to find that sense of humour he lost somewhere. And not go mental every time something go's wrong lol

Subaru y0!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    [QUOTE]McLaren's 25-year-old, who crashed on the final tour to victory at the Nurburgring, twinkled: ''I'd make the European grand prix one lap less!''[QUOTE]

umm, not that I m fussy, but wouldn't Kimi still have crashed out even the race was 1 lap shorter? The suspension let go on the preultimate lap I think...

It was good sense of humour from Kimi, but hehe do your maths lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    nope. he crashed at the start of the last lap.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Yss it was on the last lap you fool, so don't tell Kimi to "do your math". Anyways Montoya is an absolute legend, as Jase said he speaks his mind, and he is the only driver I reckon in the paddock who would actually clobber someone if he got pissed off enough, ahaha. His driving style is very exciting too!