Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    yeah, i agree, they need to increase mechanical grip and decrease the aero a bit, although i want them to retain the look of the current cars..... Bring back tyre changes, its cool seeing someone chose softs and have to do three stops but be flat out for those stints., but keep the golden lap qualifying format, i.e. one sessions, one lap, i reckon its a great spectacle....

i always thought it was terrible that they couldn't find a way to police the traction control ban, was great to see them actually have to control the throttle onto out of corners and off the line, rather than just mash it to the floor now and let the computer sort out how much is actually required......

i don't mind switching to V8s, it'll only be a year or so before they are back at the same speeds, I just want them to settle on one format and stick to it, so they can actually start saving costs!
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    The problem with putting skill back in the launch is if someone stuff it up and stalls, you have the potential for a big accident. It still happens even with launch control, but it's something which should be minimised as much as possible.
    One solution would be a rolling start. But that takes away from the spectacle too.

At least this way it rewards good engineering. And the way those Renaults get off the line is something special.

For me the best thing about this year championship is there is no domination by one team, every team almost has an equal shot at a round win.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki
    For me the best thing about this year championship is there is no domination by one team, every team almost has an equal shot at a round win.
    as long as your a renault or a mclaren nah, i think the season is only going to get closer as ferrari, BAR and Williams get their cars together and catch up with the renaults and mclarens....

also, i think we have as many electronic launch malfunctions as we used to have drivers stalling, i liked how the start was an important skill of the driver.
    Last edited by Hondavirgin; 24-05-2005 at 04:05 PM.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

I think Renault have hit a rock, and the pace of the Ferrari AGAIN when they are fueled up is amazing.

If they can get a few things right it would be great racing, Michael, Kimi and Alonso.

The biggest thing that has annoyed me this year is the luck of 2 drivers.
    1/ Michael
    2/ Juan

Poor Juan, he hurts himself and misses out on valueable points, and then hit with penaulties and whatever else can get in his way.
    If his luck changes he can win races, he is just as quick as young Kimi.

I'd be happy if they change the tyre rule and put less aero.
    As long as that damm tyre rule changes.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    You ferrari guys are suffering on the tyre rule. bwahahaha.

good point about the launching viv, could cause some dramas again, even though it still hapens.
    It will be good once Ferrari, BMW, and Mclaren(sorta) find their feet because it like said, each round is still easily up for grabs. BAR too lol.
    True about unlucky Michael and Juan, he should play less tennis and stick to his bike more often
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Everyone's had their share of bad luck so far this season except Alonso. It's been clean sailing for him. Even when things go bad, he scores 4th.
    The Williams drivers have driven really well but the car has sucked in races.
    The BAR drivers can't take a trick, it was meant to be Button's year!
    Toyota hasn't really had the speed so far.
    The Ferrari has been a horror for Michael and Rubens.
    Juan has paid for his mistakes.
    Kimi... well, he's just Kimi... bad luck follows him wherever he goes.
    And Fisi has had as many problems as anyone... engine, clutch, etc.

The only person who's escaped is Fernando Alonso. Sun shines out of his arse this season. He'd better make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivski
    Everyone's had their share of bad luck so far this season except Alonso. It's been clean sailing for him. Even when things go bad, he scores 4th.
    The Williams drivers have driven really well but the car has sucked in races.
    The BAR drivers can't take a trick, it was meant to be Button's year!
    Toyota hasn't really had the speed so far.
    The Ferrari has been a horror for Michael and Rubens.
    Juan has paid for his mistakes.
    Kimi... well, he's just Kimi... bad luck follows him wherever he goes.
    And Fisi has had as many problems as anyone... engine, clutch, etc.

The only person who's escaped is Fernando Alonso. Sun shines out of his arse this season. He'd better make the most of it.
    well said! Very well said Like so well said Ive got nothing to add lol

Subaru y0!

Quote Originally Posted by jackosimm
    well said! Very well said Like so well said Ive got nothing to add lol
    thats cos MS and ferrari arent winning

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Taking bets... who wants to put money on the BARs blowing engines at the Nurburgring?

if it was the old track they wouldnt even be able to put 1 lap in

Subaru y0!