Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: h22a vs wrx

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    i'll ask the question again- how many peeps have driven an accord with a JDM h22a engine conversion?

this is a ghetto video of my speedo doin the ton. watch carefully and you will see that i dont take off until about a second into the clip and when it hits 100 the elapsed time of the vid is in the 6 second vicinity.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=Sub6time.flv
    I don't see how a Accord with H22A engine will be that fast.
    I haven't driven one, but I have owned a JDM Prelude Si VTEC and WRX feels a lot faster. Prelude is actually lighter than CD Accord by about 30kg.
    Not sure how you claim the same engine will be so much faster in an Accord shell.

Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    is this stupid thread still going?
    If I had the time or could actually be bothered, I would love to prove to dillusional drivers that no stock honda can beat a wrx in a straight line drag race. If someone you know did beat a wrx in a honda, the driver in wrx would have been a crap driver.

I have driven a number of Honda cars before switching to a WRX, so I think I have a better idea of what's faster compared to the people who says "my friend beat a wrx off the line" crap
    nsx is a stock honda

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Accord
    i had a simular thread and got deleted
    =[

get over it ppl,
    wrx= bred performance car with potential
    accord= luxurious medium size car with moderate power to get u moving.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by miko_
    i had a simular thread and got deleted
    =[
    well if people keep street racing out of this I don't have a problem with it..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Rexys are excellent performance cars for the price. The only thing I don't like about them is the basic, low rent interior, "not so attractive" exterior and insurance costs. Otherwise I probably would've bought one instead of the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Accord
    lol it wasnt even for street racing
    just exactly the same as this

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    i rekon it should be closed. These "VS" style threads have too many variables are and stupid. Like i have said a trillion times take it to the track and find out for urself and tell us how u went.

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    I haven't driven one, but I have owned a JDM Prelude Si VTEC and WRX feels a lot faster. Prelude is actually lighter than CD Accord by about 30kg.
    Not sure how you claim the same engine will be so much faster in an Accord shell.
    i have witnessed h22a accords car running a boosted civic that would beat rexies convinsingly...
    and his was neck and neck with the civic...
    i have the video somewhere on this forum to prove the point...

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s

my point is that too much of this thread is based on hear-say. I dont know why a JDM h22a in an accord goes so well but i am making this claim because i own one.

The reason why a rex feels faster is that they pull almost 1g during acceleration due to the initial boost of the turbo but thats about it.

I agree. The Rex feels fast but honestly isn't that fast.
    Even a slightly modified one doesn't pull 1G in 1st gear, its more like around 0.6X G to 0.7XG. But if you do an AWD launch it'll pull 1G for a fraction of a section... probably for like 0.2 of a second LOL.

Its all about the power delivery band - which is sudden mid-range boost from nothing. It makes one think its really fast, when in reality - its just fast. A mid 13 high 14s car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Nah a stock WRX doesn't do the quarter in 13s. It does it in 14s. Only the Stis and Evos do 13s.