Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: h22a vs wrx

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    seriously...
    i think it's pritty dam hard to beat a stock rex with a good driver in it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    if the wrx driver knows how to launch, a h22a will need serious mods to reel it in on the street (as you dont race 400m on the street). If he doesnt know how to launch then it would take only basic mods.

Ahhhh the good old orange and apples thread.

I own a WRX now.

If you want to beat Rex, buy a Rex.

I have lost to several S2000, and a few Type-Rs.

If you want to beat a Wrx comfortably, id suggest purchasing one of those Honda's.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    dude if ya cant beat a stock wrx in your stock h22a you cant drive... talking from experience i would line my mate up (he got his car same time as me) he would get the jump, but by 3rd gear i reeled him in with no probs (off the line) even my other mate with a gt4 celica same deal!!

unless theyre boosted they shouldnt beat ya!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    owned a lancer gsr, liberty rs and forester gt all great off the mark but out of puff after about 120kmh.......mate who owns a my99 rex said he raced a accord euro and got him off the line easily but then the euro started reeling him back in after about 120kmh....... a bit more road and he reckons the euro would have got him......he asked me..what engine does that thing have in it cos it goes well..

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    You wont beat a WRX with a H22a, not in a straight line anyway...
    I went up against a 2004 version totally stock, 0-100 Im about 4 cars infront,
    100-150 the lead narrows down to 2 lenghts, it passes me at about 190. The WRX had a female passenger and didnt launch but neither did I.
    Last edited by THRUST; 23-05-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4

Talking

ahaha....a stock h22a would neva beat a stock rex..well not 99 to 05 models...
    i dunno about euro's...i should think they go okai...neva seen then go but...
    WPN.22R...i dunno how the hell you beat a stock rex with a stock h22a...wat they do 1/4mile stock?....16's?
    rexes do low to 14flat stock..
    sure u didn't race a rx?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Just a reminder to you guys to keep this thread in line with no mention of Street Racing as per T&C

Happy Chatting
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    Mmmmz... don't rexs require to launch @ 5000rpm for their 0-100 in less then 6 seconds??? man screw launching @ dat rpm.. prefer to have a clutch that works
    Ummmz.. H22a, i should drive one one day see how it compares to the 94-98 wrx. aint the newer rexz more powerful//.../,,

easiest way to beat a wrx, let his tyres down :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by dundas
    Mmmmz... don't rexs require to launch @ 5000rpm for their 0-100 in less then 6 seconds??? man screw launching @ dat rpm.. prefer to have a clutch that works
    Ummmz.. H22a, i should drive one one day see how it compares to the 94-98 wrx. aint the newer rexz more powerful//.../,,

easiest way to beat a wrx, let his tyres down :P
    You should go and drive one, might answer some of your questions
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    just to mention that 5th gen ludes have longer gear ratios compared to my 4th gen. it makes a hell of a difference!!

one of the guys 'from the forum' and i done a little umm...'testing' on a highway and one with 5th gen box and other 4th gen... and the difference was really noticable too!

im telling you guys its possible!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    The gearbox on the WRX's are the weakest link (goodbye ). So unless you really get them excited they wont go all out 7Krpm launch on you.