Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001

Reputation thingy??

some of us were discussing this reputation thingy... wanna give us an insight to wat it is

wyn??... and wat does this 'on a distinguished road' business??...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MuN
    some of us were discussing this reputation thingy... wanna give us an insight to wat it is

wyn??... and wat does this 'on a distinguished road' business??...
    Who's the 'sum of us'? hehe j/k

It's a work in progress at the moment and has been disabled all this time till we sorted out how best to use it.

Basically its there as a way for new members to know who'd advice / posts are accurate and who's aren't.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    hahahah.. isnt that gonna single those spammers out?? jks
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MuN
    hahahah.. isnt that gonna single those spammers out?? jks
    The idea is that it will only be used for users who make good, informative posts with negative reputations given for those who have NFI what they're talking about.

Also, this feature won't be able to all users (to stop abuse of it). More details soon once it's finalised.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    so does it mean that the more points the better? im not sure i understand this one wyn...
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

i think, this can be useful :-) distinguishes the talkers from the doers ;-)
    96er NH701M EK3 w/ Facelift Conversion and EP3 Rebadging
    00er blue-eyed daughter

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    i rekon its very good idea. members will know who to trust before opening their car apart

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    i think i saw a simmilar thing on another forumm. although i wouldent say coppy it i thought it was a rather interesting idea.. where everyone except Mods start of with Zero Points. and doesnt have the ability to give out points.. Now if an Informative post was posted by a user the the mod can give out point accordingly. now this is when it gets interesting. now that the user as recieved a point he can give out a point to 1 User for Every 2 points a mod has given him..

so Eg is a mod gives him 4 points for 1 post he can either give 2 points to one person or spread out the points and give 1 point to 2 different people.. off corse these points get used up when given to another person. but the original user that recieved the point will still show a score of 4. and hence the visious cycle continues.. but the idea is that if the user never recieved any points more than 2 will never be able to give out points.. im sure there is probably more to it but thats about all i remember..

i do not take any credit for this idea as i saw it in a forum.. but i just cant remember which one.

dont get me wrong im not saying we should do this idea.. but i was just saying i saw something similar =P.. so mods dont shoot me for saying the above statement =P
    Last edited by wlee2; 24-05-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    wlee2, you are almost there

Its the standard VBulletin Reputation system that is used quite widely. Except in our case, only certain groups will be allowed to give out points to stop its abuse. IE. On some US sites, people give out rep point for posting up jokes/pron etc

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    so.. close.. but yet so far.. how long before you fully implement it?
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Who is going to be able to hand out this reputation???
    blz-arw019

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    wlee2, it's a few days away

IRI, it will be the moderators and then selected users based on the quality of their posts / knowledge.