Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Euro] - Clicking clutch/burning rubber

My Euro is just about to come to 10000kms, and my clutch is has this clicking sound when i press the pedal. It happens when the pedal is almost (90%) fully pressed down.

Any ideas? That and plus I've been smelling a lot of burning rubber lately. Could be the tyres, but then if I was burning the tyres that much, the speedo would have a higher reading if the tyres are spinning. Can anyone confirm that if you accelerate, and your wheel spins, that the speedo reflects the speed of the wheel, and not the speed of the vehicle?

Not sure what's going on. I'm wondering whether to install my icebox before the service, or after the 10k service.

Suggestions?

Ronin,

You have a faulty clutch master cylinder. Go to Honda dealer and ask them to replace it under warranty, I had mine replaced.

Since the clutch master cylinder is faulty, your clutch might not operate correctly and maybe resulting the clutch wear therefore a burning smell.

Take it to Honda dealer asap!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=clutch

Here's a link of previous discussions

But should I do the mod before getting the clutch fixed. Any issues here?

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    But should I do the mod before getting the clutch fixed. Any issues here?
    Do it after.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Get the clutch fixed ASAP. One owner in US had his clutch totally wear out because his master cylinder was faulty. In the end they changed the master cylinder, but not clutch since it is a wearing surface and had to pay around US$1500 to replace it.

BTW, I had my master cylinder changed. They can do it in 1 day. Send it in the morning and get it back in the evening. No pain. You won't be long without your baby.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've been smelling a lot of burning rubber lately.
    Yesterday I smelt burning rubber for the first time with my 3 months old Auto Euro, but no smells today.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    was it raining yesterday? hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Euro2005
    Yesterday I smelt burning rubber for the first time with my 3 months old Auto Euro, but no smells today.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Get the clutch fixed ASAP. One owner in US had his clutch totally wear out because his master cylinder was faulty. In the end they changed the master cylinder, but not clutch since it is a wearing surface and had to pay around US$1500 to replace it.

BTW, I had my master cylinder changed. They can do it in 1 day. Send it in the morning and get it back in the evening. No pain. You won't be long without your baby.
    you forget that i've already changed my clutch over once and i had to fork out for it too.. and i still haven't forgotten..

and that was just under 10,000km

cost me quite a bit too, quotes ranging from $1500-2500

but it was all fixed eventually, took them 2 fecking weeks to get parts in. I sitll say it was a faulty clutch - we'll see how this new one lasts, and if it goes again im switching to a performance clutch for the same price.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx
    you forget that i've already changed my clutch over once and i had to fork out for it too.. and i still haven't forgotten..

but it was all fixed eventually, took them 2 fecking weeks to get parts in. I sitll say it was a faulty clutch - we'll see how this new one lasts, and if it goes again im switching to a performance clutch for the same price.
    Did you get your solicitor to write a letter of demand like I suggested? 10,000kms is a fault covered by warranty unless you have done something really stupid. If you drive sensibly you will get decent life out of a Honda clutch.

I would attach to the letter an affidavit concerning your manual vehicle driving experience and state that you have not raced the car etc. Obviously everything in the affidavit needs to be true and correct.

I really think this is worth the effort.
    Last edited by yfin; 24-05-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx

When you did your 10000km service, what was the tyre thread remaining? If you can prove that you did not abuse the car, I wonder if you can get the case turned around.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    When you did your 10000km service, what was the tyre thread remaining? If you can prove that you did not abuse the car, I wonder if you can get the case turned around.
    I don't think that means much - tyre wear can be caused by lots of things not just wheel spin. You can also easily cause wheel spin with the clutch fully out.

It is more important for Honda to know that he does not ride the clutch or rest his foot on the clutch when driving - ie he should explain his experience as a manual driver.