Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: d15b4 dual carb

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    any simple mod or bolt on parts can get more horse form it?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    extractors, exhaust , get the carby's jetted , or go EFI

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    hum........... extractors, any special kind of extractors i should looking at?
    is there anything i should be looking for when i am buying it?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Intake/Header/Exhaust

Go to a 2 inch system for that motor and high-flow cat and muffler (don't go cannon sytle etc - it's not worth it with that engine. Header is a hassle - hurricane (I think) made one but it's not much chop - a custom setup may be better, but will be more costly. Intake - a pod is actually a better way to go than insert as the D15 is open to the engine bay and heat-soaks badly - set the pod under your front bumper as a CAI to see some improvement - you'll need to use custom ducting.

The carbs can be re-jetted - Peter at Hanny's in Smithfield has the info on this.

Change the cam, HCCNSW might have the mugen grind specs so you could get a regrind or billet. Alternatively I think Crow(???) did a grind - but the US will definitely have one given the 4th gen enthusiasts there and a their original lack of the DOHC ZC. Try www.automotiveforums.com and go to the Honda -> 4th generation Civic forums and ask, there's enough people using the D15/D16 there. Bump the compression by shaving the head.

Finally, there were twin 40mm webber carb manifolds built for the D series SOHC in the '90s - If you can track one down it will make a nice difference. Again, the US is your best bet.

Finally - forget all of the above and get a ZC in there or a SOHC VTEC

Cheers
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    yeh, after hearing all other ppl saying stop wasting time on this engine and do a swap. So, now i hear new things, Sohc vtec....
    what engine code is that? is the sohc vtec engine same as ZC that can bolt on without modification?

Thanks for answering all my questions

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    If its an EG, I say put in a b16. It have about 20kW more thand teh d16a8.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I'm pretty sure that the d15 twin-carb was ED(EF) only, so he's talking a 4th gen. The EG breeze got the 1.3 or 1.5(?) single-carb.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

I got the same car as you, and I am thinking about converting the engine in the near future.
    What would you guys recommmend? I want it to have a bit more power than it does now but I'm not too familiar with which engine to put in?
    B18C? B16A? I think the b18c is the VTI-R engine from an integra??? Are they ahrd to come by? Expensive?

I would most probably be doing the mechanical work at home as my dad is a mechanic, but does anyone know a rough price figure I would be looking at for everything I would need?
    Thnx.

The B18C is from the DC2, it isn't as cheap or easy to come by as the B16A.

i'm guessing the b16a is sohc vtec? So how much more power would I be looking at? Around 20KW?
    Would it make much difference?

Here is a link with engine specs for all the Civic models...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

The B16A is a DOHC VTEC and should give a good 22kW increase over the 1.6L DOHC non-VTEC. That is in standard form. Once you start doing mods you will start getting much larger increases in HP.

Yes it is a big difference and yes it is worth it. :mrgreen:

Thnx for that VTI-2, any idea on what it might cost? Just all the parts I would need?