Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: my system!

who who???? Zalio???

Quote Originally Posted by ITRBoI
    who who???? Zalio???
    i 4got hes name.. haha..
    i think hes bro or fren owns the red lancer.. blessd or sumfink like dat
    he gave me hes business card but didnt take notice of the name

yeah its the same guy, the guy with the red lancer isTJ, whao world so small

yeah its the same guy, the guy with the red lancer isTJ, whao world so small
    yeh i reckon.. every1 seems to know every1 these days..
    wouldnt surprise me if we knew more of the same ppl

hehaehahe bloody asian heahehaheah

hehaehahe bloody asian heahehaheah

lol i reckon.. all asians r connected sumhow..

probably hehaheha you never know trace back to our ancestors =)

hey notorious_ahmie
    how much u pay for ur amp? was it like $800?? or something like dat?
    i just realised u got the amp i wanted but couldnt afford hehe
    i ended up getting KX350.4 (i think thats what my amp is) because that was closer 2 my budget..

Quote Originally Posted by notorious_ahmie
    haha nah thats ok im happy to keep it

hopefully u guys get to hear it at some soundoffs
    Dude, as a NSW judge can I advise you not to attempt competition just yet. There are a few things you NEED to do before competing in either SPL or SQ competition I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Fhrx; 10-06-2005 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anna1984
    OMG 1700?? for just ur splits?
    or your system set up in total?
    He is correct, that is just the splits. Speaker costs can go up to incredible prices. I run Rainbow Reference splits in my car (RRP$10000) and well sell high end brands like Morellion and Carva which range from $248000 to $3.3m...

ive got a 12 at d moment but wud like an upgrade to 2x 12inch or jus the one 15..
    wot would you recommend??
    Remember good quality (including loud but listenable) sound is all about enclosure design and power, NOT cone area. I can blur vision with a single 8" driver (and do regularly to prove a point to customers here). Anna, a single 12 is more than enough. If you don't have enough bass, get a better subwoober (eg IDMAX12) and a large amplifier.

Another common misconception is that large subs are only good for SPL. This is untrue as well. If your amplifier has the power to control the cone it doesn't matter what size the subwoofer is.

wot exactly do the judges look for at the soundoff's?
    There are a few things we look for.

1. Stage and imaging.
    The sound stage must not only sound wide and centrally equal, but deep and must possess the correct height too. This is only achieved by careful speaker placement, especially that of the tweeter. For more info regarding this see here.

2. Tonal equality and balance.
    The subsonic bass / subbass / midbass / midrange / treble etc must be equal. Nothing must outdo anything else. We want 20-2000hz equality. This is what I was trying to explain to you Ahmed. You have a lot of bass and not much else by the sounds of things. Systems need strong midbass and midrange to match the subbass and this is accomplished but high power (including earthing) and the use of sound deadening to stop cancellation. Read more about this see here..

3. Smoothness.
    We don't want to listen to systems that blow our heads off or hurt our ears. The system must be smooth and pleasant to listen to so don't simply wack everything on full blast.

4. Finish and integration.
    We look for a nicely installed system. Custom bits and peices also get extra points. The cables must all be run neatly and safely. The power cable must be fused and the earths need to be sufficient. We also check safety related things and a fire extinguisher is a must.

Does that help at all?
    Last edited by Fhrx; 10-06-2005 at 08:55 AM.