Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array

EURO: paint protection package?

hi all.

my new black lux euro arrives in 3 weeks and honda have given me the options of paint protection and leather protection packages.

apparently they havent sold a single black euro yet that hadnt had the paint protection applied to it.

so how many euro owners opted for the extra paint protection or leather protection and do u think it makes a diffrence or is worth it?

im thinking about getting the leather protection mainly cause i know the tan leather is going to get dirty , and maybe the protection will provent the bad marks? i dont know this is the first new car i have ever baught, and i dont want to be getting ripped by honda dealers lol.

many thanks.

aZZ
    Last edited by aZZ; 27-05-2005 at 01:27 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    All the protection packages are just overpriced. Paint protection is useless. I got that and it doesn't do anything against the environment. Tree sap stuck to it, couldn't be taken off eventhough I went at it straight away. If you are willing to wash and wax, then the protection from wax is better as long as you wax every 1.5 or 2 months. THe leather protection is the same lanoguard thing that they sell at Super Cheap Auto. Just the price is different. You can get it yourself and apply it. If you really want paint protection, I can point you to an online shop that sells the same teflon coating that they use. I've bought from the shop before and they delivered. Note, that if you intend to wax in the future, waxing voids the paint protection warranty. So if you want to wax, just forget the paint protection.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    From past experience, I personally believe that paint protections has some benifits, even though they charge and arm and a leg. Up here in Darwin Bats dropping are really pain in the ass. My parents camry had ming protection put on it. And knowing my father his a lazy bugger to clean that crap off once he sees it, which is left for a good day in the cooking sun as well, before I bother to clean it off. Bat dropping usually eats the paint away at a alarming rate. But the camry has nothing. And where he parks he aways gets it so it's never a once of thing.

My lancer back then copped some bat dropping, I realised it in the morning but not at night cause it was dark. went to clean it of and paint particles started coming off. I even waxed it the say before as well. Even my current jazz copped some tree sap, and i wished it had got it.

Some company offers guarantees on bat dropping and tree sap not to damge you paint, so its good to shop around I guess.

But this is just some personal experience and observations I have seen over the years
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The honda paint protection from Paintguard doesn't warranty your paint protection against droppings. Instead they want you to get Natureguard on top of the Paint protection for this... Pay more?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    i had the whole paint protection package with my MDX purchanse.
    its both ecterior and interior and rust proof....
    i'd say, no they are not worthwhile to get them. why? because you can simply void the so-called warrrenty if you wash the car or clean the interior use other products..,.,.. you can only use their products to clean the car~~~
    the only thing that is good out of the thing is the celicon they applied over my wheel base cover... it makes dirts go away easiler and give you the black, clean image~

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    I am a contractor for MING and WAX GUARD and apply these packages to many new cars.
    There is a lot of training involved to do the protection packages properly and there is a lot of cow boys out there that take shortcuts when applying it which inhibits the benefits of the product in the 1st place. I was trained by MING'S NSW technical manager, and in my time of applying the packages have not had a single warranty claim due to failure of the product.

if it is applied correctly, there is a legit warranty which covers damage against bird droppings etc.

Although, your warranty is void if u dont use the car wash solution that they provide you with, which can be purchased from where you bought the paint protection in the 1st place.

Also, unless you live on the beach, rust protection is probably a waste of money.

A lot of consumers think that paint protection is a way of protecting your cars paint and fabric with out having to look after it but like any car, if you dont look after it, it will turn to sh*t.

I have products that are safe to use on paint protected vehicles, that will polish the paintwork with out removing the paint protection.

Yes, it is a way for the dealers to make money but they are only trying to recover some money back after you screwed them on the price of the car!

Paint/fabric/leather protection does have its merits and if u can afford it and are willing to maintain the protection pack properly i'd say go for it.

if you cant justify the cost ( which i wouldnt myself ) save your money and spend it on professional detailing instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The honda paint protection from Paintguard doesn't warranty your paint protection against droppings. Instead they want you to get Natureguard on top of the Paint protection for this... Pay more?
    The ones here do that's why it just that bit different
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Exclamation

I wouldn't bother with the paint or leather protection dude, it seriously is just a money-making scheme to get a few extra dollars out of you from the dealership! If you are not a lazy-a$$ and can be bothered washing your car fairly regularily with a polish every couple of months then there is no need for it, unless you want to make a nice donation to your dealership that is

I was offered the same thing when I bought my ABP Accord Euro last year, I refused and wash and polish my car regularily, it is still as new!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Another suggestion is that if you know where the actual company is that does the dealership work and go directly to them. You save a few hundred bucks. This is what a friend did with his Euro.
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    If you really want to do it... Do it outside of the Dealership...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    I found the paint protection dulled my black paint, I love my shiny paint so I stripped the stuff off and now wax it religiously, I don't think the protection was applied correctly in the first place as now I've got stains on the glass I cannot get off and hard inside the door jambs is very cloudy and I still can't get in there to strip it all out. I also found the wash they supply to be utter poo, sometimes I had to wash the car twice. BUT it did work, could let water dry, could leave dropping on it for awhile and not get into the paint, however SOME water spoting appeared - I think due to shody application.

I got the paint protection as the car lived outside on weekends, now we have our own garage for it so I stripped it off.

But I must say I'm very picky with my car, I doubt the averge person would even notice.

I think its a good idea if your a little lazy on the frequent tubs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro
    I got offered a protection package as well but couldn't see the value in it. The dealer tried to put the hard sell on it, eg it's a prestige car look after it, every car we sell gets it etc, but I hadn't heard many positives about it. One of the dealers I spoke to when I was shopping around even told me that there was no point getting it as it didn't do much.