Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    drove the 2.5i and yes it is ver refined and well built but it is a slow ass car compred with the euro..btw the 6 luxury sport i have here is a very harsh sounding car....not very quite....or refined at all...quite bad actually after jumping out of my euro..
    Well, it's a pretty much agreed point where ever you see that refinement isn't one of Mazda 6's strong point. Admittedly, I didn't even bother going to Mazda to try out Mazda 6 when I was in market to buy a car. I pretty much wanted to get the Euro and nothing else seemed anywhere near the quality or the value of Euro.

Having said that, I don't mind the look of red Mazda 6 Luxury Hatch, but I still wouldn't trade my Euro for it. 120-odd KW just isn't good enough and 5 speed manual in this day and age is sub-standard too.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When my friend went for a test drive of the Mazda6 (she bought it eventually), I tagged along for the ride. We got to test drive it without the salesperson!!! We tried low speed, hard acceleration to red line, bouncing off the limiter, and fast corners. The suspension was good, but the engine was empty. All I heard was the music of the engine, but without the acceleration that you come to expect of it. Oh well.... The interior looked nice but the cutting point was the dash and audio console. It was silver in colour..... I like dark coloured interiors, so that sealed it for me. Mazda6 out. Test driving the Euro, I was in a 60 zone. The salesperson told me one guy lost his license around while testdriving the S2000. Hehe. Anyway, I tried a few short squirts in 2nd gear up to 60, and it was not bad. What really impressed me was when I shifted to 5th at around 40-50km/h. The revs was at 1000-something and when I applied a bit of throttle, the car accelerated! I was like WTF! What non-turbo car can accelerate at such low revs!? Bought it and now when I drive normally, I don't need to exceed 2000rpm for driving around here. And I get 9-ish L/100km mileage (with about 10 redlines per refuel).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    9L/100km.....that's like 600km for a full tank. I can't even get close to 500km on in my Euro, but that's probably because for each trip, I travel less than 5km's

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    drove a 6 auto at the same time i had the standard 107kw manual engine in my 94 accord. My accord felt more powerful.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    9L/100km.....that's like 600km for a full tank. I can't even get close to 500km on in my Euro, but that's probably because for each trip, I travel less than 5km's
    Yeah, that's mixed city and highway. Pure city driving I get about 9.8L/100km. I did a sydney to canberra and back without refueling once. Hehe

Just a q'n with the 2.5i Did you drive the manual of the Auto.. With the Subaru there is a huge difference in which tranny u drive. The Auto is always HUGELY slower than the Manual - you have to give a lot more throttle - must be the way the electronics are designed.

I think the liberty handles better - but would not buy it unless it was the 3.0l version... hehehe - Wheels mag did a comp with the BMW 330i.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Just a q'n with the 2.5i Did you drive the manual of the Auto.. With the Subaru there is a huge difference in which tranny u drive. The Auto is always HUGELY slower than the Manual - you have to give a lot more throttle - must be the way the electronics are designed.

I think the liberty handles better - but would not buy it unless it was the 3.0l version... hehehe - Wheels mag did a comp with the BMW 330i.
    I agree. I drive my gf's Outback 3.0 litre auto once in a while. It's set so that you get smooth acceleration and the tranny's torque convertor really limits the torque in the 1st and 2nd gears. I feel less acceleration in those gears that in the next gear (2nd and 3rd) in my manual Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin

def the manual.....and was not impressed by the acceleration.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I bought a Euro 6sp standard milano red yesterday. I get the car soon. I test drove liberty 2.5i 5sp man extensively also on the same day.

I can tell you this. The liberty is more flexible off the mark, max torque is lower in the rpm range, but the euro Kills it once you get to 50% of the rev range. The manual trans of the euro is much slicker also and the ratios on the honda are more suited getting the power down. The honda felt about 20% quicker in normal driving to me.

i got the honda in the end as i couldnt have got the liberty anyway as I had to wait 8 weeks for it . Im happy with the euro.

yea i also looked at the liberty, but didnt get round to test driving it after i drove the euro - fell in love straight away. Also looked at the Mazda 6 but didn't get around to test driving that either

interesting that you noticed a 20% difference thats pretty spot on i think.. 121kw vs. approx 140kw.

The euro always seems to ahve one up on the competition- great stuf

Quote Originally Posted by yfin

This doesn't really surprise me. There is a front wheel drive Saab Turbo (current model - Viggen?) that accelerates between 80-120 faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo. I kid you not - it was on Top Gear recently. But the same Saab would be convincingly killed in a 0-100 run with the Porsche (by a long way).
    Yfin, funny you mentioned the Saab Viggen turbo. I had a run with one 2 weeks ago on the track, from 80~170 it wasnt getting away from the euro at all.

The in gear acceleration is very strong in the Euro especially 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

I sat in the Mazda 6, the interior looks and feels so cheap I didn't bother test drive it

Quote Originally Posted by albii
    trying to sell a luxury sport mazda 6 for a friend and it has really made me realise just how good the euro is......my euro rides much better,feels more upmarket,has more power,the doors are heavier and close with a thud,even the windows winding down feel more refined in the honda and the interior just doesnt compare.......what do you guys reckon?
    I understand completely, our second hand yard at work has 2 mazda 6 luxeries, prices accordingly. We had a euro for about 3 days and it was sold, the 6's are still sitting there, being wholesaled soon i think.
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!