Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: turboed hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    *looks around*.. wow way to prove me wrong i would have thought at the mention of the word "hondata" would have brought out world war 3.. but anyway.. honda'c can be boosted reliably and safe and still give really good fuel economy.. its not so much the kit its more the tuner.. ecu plays a part in it.. but tuner more important.. ie even if you got the most expensive mofo of the ecu out there and still have a bad tuner your car wont perform or run well..

i personaly like the idea of a turbo dc5R.. sounds wicked!...

just go with safe boost like 6 or 7 =P. thats even 5 psi is enough with the right tune to give you a heart thumpin =P
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    I have plenty of DC5r customers running 13.5 and 13.8 all around Australia with just Intake, exhaust and headers, and Hondata k100. So add on a correctly designed turbo setup to the equation and you will be much faster. As for reliability, I only know 2 DC5r turbo cars currently in Australia, and at least 100 overseas, reliability and boost prove to be no issue as long as everything is designed and tuned correctly

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    People say run a safe amount of boost of say 6-8psi, but what can u do to the internals so that you can safely run more like 12 psi?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by franki
    People say run a safe amount of boost of say 6-8psi, but what can u do to the internals so that you can safely run more like 12 psi?
    upgrade to bigger injectors?
    bigger cams?
    fordge pistons?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    You can do anything to the internals ! thats what I design and do each day ;-) for clients around Australia.

Like iv said before i wanta build a 600kw k20 engine.... running stupid amounts of boost.
    if i can get 450kw+ out of a b16 engine.... 600kw out of a k20 should be a nice challenge.

Remember 9psi on one turbo setup makes different power and has different stress on the engine to 9psi on a different setup !! psi is't just psi.... call me n ill explain in.. kinda hard concept to gasp via the internet !

The problem is once you go past the limit of stock internals… your forced to build your engine. Build it correctly and don’t cut any corners and there’s no reason why you can’t run 45psi of boost !

Regards James

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    ive boosted up to 1.3BAR on my k20a2, uhh that wasnt safe though, stock internals and all, i normally run about 0.7Bar max nowdays, engine is fine for now, hopefully it dont blow anytime soon..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    ok tell us wat that is in psi lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG VTi Sedan
    Use google! LOL:

1.3 bar = 18.8549059 pounds per square inch

now:

.7 bar = 10.1526416 pounds per square inch

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    thats a fair bit of boost ay. im definately goin to look into the AVO kit next year. boosted dc5r's are unreal,

anyone kno da 4 door jdm itr that is turbz in melb
    mate that car is nutz
    i wouldnt mind that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by replaced
    Use google! LOL:

1.3 bar = 18.8549059 pounds per square inch

now:

.7 bar = 10.1526416 pounds per square inch
    LOL yeh google works wonders, anyway it was quite alot of boost, the mechanic i took it to couldnt believe that my boost gauge read 1.3 bar Peak, and he was shaking his head at me.. lol i got advised that about 10psi or 0.7 bar peak would be decent and safer so thats wat i got it set to nowdays.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    ur dc5 looks like its had the treatment dude.. alot of money spent on that turbo setup, id be mighty surpirsed if the internals havnt been done also. with a nice manifold and turbo and ecu like motec, i dont think money was much of a consideration for the previous owner.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.